Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to patch front floors...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Nov 10, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

any thing i have to look out for when im cutting the front floor? is the floor bourds directly attached to the supports that attatch to the frame or what. i want to cut some out of my cab floors to patch up...but im afriad ill go through something...

2. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Most of the stuff underneath runs inside the frame, fuel line, rear lights electrical. Under the carpet is a bunch of electrical stuff, but if you have the carpet ripped out, you'll see that.

Otherwise, I don't remember having to be particularly mindful of anything while ripping my floors out.

Mine has been an ongoing project and I mean going on for about 2 years. I wish I could carve out a week to do nothing but finish up this floor/bed/tailpan project, oh well.

Good luck with yours.

John

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Ask Grim, he knows all about that stuff.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx im in a big rush on mine..this is my first truck and i need it..and i have the whole floor to fix..and the supports that connect to the rockers are shot and not even connected to the rockers anymore..so its starting to sag down some..oooyyy. im going to take some steel braces and fix it with those...and the front cab section is going to be my one floors..the rear ill replace with the right peice..also need front fender weels and rockers..THEN...i gatta fix my heater and get some new shocks..(6) and i should be on the road..lol /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif