Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to pick steering wheel locks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skigirl, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

This is a PDF document showing how easy it is to pick the lock on something like The Club. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

How to pick Steering Wheel Locks

2. Blazer-Boy

Blazer-Boy Registered Member

Gotta love the internet...

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I didn't click on the link but why would you waste time picking the lock when you could break out a hacksaw and cut the b!tch off...

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

How to pick the lock, on a lockpicker, it's entitled:

Smith and Wesson .44 Mag. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Thats smart aint it?? a SECURITY company showing how to pick the club /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

SO I guess you'd rather be left in the dark? Security by obscurity saves no one - except the criminal...

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

don't it suck that we even have to worry about it? where i work in detroit they swipe car's while people are outside, they don't care if you see them, literally, they will take it right in front of you with a gun and stare at you like what are you going to do about it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is a PDF document showing how easy it is to pick the lock on something like The Club. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Those things are worthless anyhow. It only takes about a second to cut the steering wheel, and they literally fall off without even touching the lock. People who buy them are just fooling themselves with a false sense of security.

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I still think it would be hysterical to create a locking mechanism for the Doubler so that when you park it's sitting there in 4:1 Low Range.

Swap out the RPM pellet in your MSD 6AL box for one that limits the engine to, say, around 2000RPM.......??

How funny would THAT be....watching a thief making his 2MPH getaway in your K5. So slow in fact, that you could walk right up to them while they're driving and give 'em a little "justice" of your own!

...Sorry, just another random set of synapses firing....... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My Buddy is a lock smith. He could make keys for any lock he has the blank for in 10 minutes or less. He can get into almost any house in less then 30 seconds right through the front door with no damage. Vats, Fords equivelent....a minor inconvience that takes an extra 5-10 minutes to deal with. Only car companies that he cant handle is Mercedes and BMW. Their locks are VERY hard to deal with.

Any toyota made in the late 80's can usualy be started with any toyota key that fits.

Locks ate to keep the mildly honest from doing things.

Why not post it on the internet.. The people that you got to worry about already know this stuff. At least it would save the honest folks who lost the key to the club on their car a option.

12. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why not post it on the internet.. The people that you got to worry about already know this stuff. At least it would save the honest folks who lost the key to the club on their car a option.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually I posted it so people wouldn't think (like I used to) that a Club is much of a deterrent and that you don't have to cut the steering whell to get it off.

[ QUOTE ]
    Any toyota made in the late 80's can usualy be started with any toyota key that fits.

[/ QUOTE ]
    So true. I have one and any Toy key will do. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif