Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to put 52" springs on the front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dcell152, Sep 26, 2004.

1. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

how to put 52\" springs on the front?

I have a 88 with and was wondering how much work it takes to do it. How big of a sping lift will I need to get 6"? Where is the best place to get the springs? I hear BDS are realy great /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Re: how to put 52\" springs on the front?

I can't really help ya cause I haven't researched it but I believe guys are using the stock rear springs up front and getting about 4" of lift...don't quote me

If nothing else, this gets it back to the top so people can see it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea the stock rear springs in the front will give you about 4" of lift, some get more and some get less, as for how to mount them you take the front hanger and move it in front of the body mount and just move that little L bracket with it, once you look at at it really isnt that hard, you will need a longer shackle in the rear of the front, most people use about a 7 1/4" shackle. Hope this helped some. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

While we are on the subject ..... what about steering?

Gotta go crossover?? Or can that wait 'til later?

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

The 52's move the axle forward, so if you are using the stock steering(with an aftermarket raised arm or something)
    your already short draglink...will be 1.5 inchs even shorter. So i guess you could move it around the shop, but i don't think driving it past the pavement is a good idea. The springs flex very well, increasing the need for the x-over.
    Blake

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

You need crossover to use with the 52's, the 52's flex way to much for just stock steering. To get 6" of lift up front, get some 2" lift rear blazer springs and put them up front. That will give you around 6" of lift all together /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

Thank for all the info. I cant wait to get home and get started. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

search is a really neat function. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif