Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to put in PA

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by blazingboy, Nov 3, 2002.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

I put in a CB yesterday now I want to hook up the PA to it what kind of connector do I need to go in the back of the cb and what kind of speaker would I use on something like that.

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

It should be a 1/8 in jack.... like what is used in walkman type headphones. As for the speaker it is best to use an actual PA speaker. You can find the jacks, wires, and speaker at Radio Shack.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Ok, do not use solid copper wire for the audio as it sux. Do not run the wire through the door as it will disrupt the sound. I have a Radio Shack 30W speaker, it works well and it weatherproof. I would recomend soldering the 1/8" (mono) jack onto the wires. Have fun with ur PA /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

If you have any trouble finding a PA for your CB there is a guy on Ebay that sells em for about 15 bucks with the wiring 1/8 jack and mounting frame.

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

make sure you get a jack set up for mono, not stereo.

John

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

if you wanna have fun with it go buy you a 50watt speaker amp and splice it in between the speaker and jack. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Ok, now I have a question. I have a 30 watt Radio Shack speaker and an el cheapo CB unit that I bought from a friend for $5. A girl I know told me the CB sells for about $40 new. Going by that info, can you tell me if I need an amp between my speaker and radio? It is prety dang loud now but if I could get more volume out of, I want to. I need a cheap speaker amp for another project I'm working on, where can I find a CHEAP one? I never even thought of using an amp on the PA speaker, that opens up a world of possibilities. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif