Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to reduce blood pressure ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jun 4, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

went and had alot of tests and xrays and such done at doctor;s last week and oen thing that was bad is that my blood pressure first number is 160, im only 25 years old almost 26 in a few days and i used to have normal pressure like ten years ago i know,

what things should i be changing/reducing to reduce this ? im in good health as far as weight and such, always been, just alot of lack of energy and basically depression in last couple years over stuff, and relaly no exercise other than cutting up vehicles and lifting hauling parts and other heavy stuff all the time screwing up my back alot to where i cant evne put my shoes on some days cuz it hurts too much

thanks for anything /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

quit worring about [darn]!
    right before college I had my BP checked and they wanted to put me on meds for it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    During college it probley was a little high but by junior year I was in [darn]-it mode. I didn't worry about things and I just went with the flow and all was well for a couple years till I graduated and started looking for a job then it shot up again. After quiting at Pratt last feb I'm back in [darn]-it most of the time and my BP is pretty low agian. I think alot of times when they take your BP, esp if you where getting several tests done at the same time, that would be normal for it to go up. They say eat healthy but what is the definition of healthy anymore /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Low carb, high protien, no sugar, lower fat, no cholesteral, BLUA BLUA BLUA! There's so many contradictory points of view out there. Hell maybe your BP is high compaired to other but maybe for it its OK /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I say unless they find something wrong, maybe cut back the fried foods, have a beer and lay off the worrying /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

With as much [darn] as we have to go through ina day worrying about gas prices, jobs, pay this pay that, I need this part, why isn't that selling, my computers messed up and my internet is slow, there's no cell phone service in this area, there's a virus on my computer, did that chick 6 month ago have VD because this doesn't look right /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif (not a personal example /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif)... There is just so much CRAP we have to worry about these days and everyone is on meds and people are freaked out about the dumbist [darn] anymore... you know what I say [darn]-IT /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I know that doesn't help alot but thats my take on it.
    Maybe I'm just trying to justify my own HIGH BP... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Biggest thing is to not worry so much.
    Just chill and don't let stupid things, or anything stress you out.
    I've been on meds for about 6 years for mine though.
    I know most of mine is stress related, but some of it is due to my diet, weight and lack of exersice.

If I just chill and don't worry about things mine can get fairly close to normal without my meds. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Oh yeah and I'm only 29. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif