Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to remove ignition rotor??

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 92K1500Blazer, Dec 20, 2002.

1. 92K1500Blazer

92K1500Blazer Registered Member

Can anyone provide any suggestions as to how to remove the ignition rotor from an 87-94 5.7L distributor? There are no screws and it looks like it should just slide right off the shaft, but from looking at the new rotor, looks like there is a clip in there to lock it down. Any tricks to getting this thing off, or is it just brute force? TIA!

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Yes it lifts right off the shaft and the new one has the clip in there to hold it in place and the old one should also have that clip in their. I replaced mine a few times when my MSD Offroad 6 #@*%ed up and was causing the truck to die. Anyway go to napa or to the dealership to get the parts and dont buy wells [censored] from autozone if they only have a wells part go somewhere else i bought a few wells parts and the [censored] went out agin in 10 days so i went and got the parts from napa and it worked fine eversince. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

3. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Pull! That's the only advice I have. Be careful not to whack yourself in the eye when it finally comes off!

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yes, definately use AC Delco...you'd be surprised how much better it will make it run than parts store brands