Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to remove steering wheel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, Nov 12, 2005.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i just got an adapter and grant wheel, but how do i get the wheel and adapter off my truck so i can put the grant pieces on? do i need a puller? if i do then is there any other way i can get the wheel off without the puller?

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The "puller" can just be a piece of flat stock and some bolts ... go look @ Kragen or Autozone at their el-cheapo kit. Come to think, if you have an Autozone handy, do their free/deposit rental thing and borrow a good one.

It's a serious PITA to do any other way. I sprung the $8 or so for the cheap one 'cuz I have four fullsizes and I seem to do it often :(

-- A

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

You will need the pulling tool. Borrow one for free from autozone..The steering wheel is a tight press on fit. Be careful not to break off the plastic horn piece. You also have a nasty little c-clip to deal with. I'ld stick with the stock wheel. My grant steering wheel adapter stripped itself out while on a Moab trip, and I had zero steering control.