Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to remove tranny fluid stains from Pourous Stone Driveway???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Jun 10, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

My dad took his mobile home to my great aunt's house because she wanted to see it... she lives in a 9000 sq ft castlesque house with a 100 foot long pourous stone driveway, and he leaked tranny fluid all the way down, and all the way up the driveway... He knew it was leaking before he got there, but didn't think it would leak so badly... when he parked, he put a piece of sheet rock under the tranny to contain any drips while the vehicle was stationary... now he's super upset about staining this expensive ass stone, and we'd like to know if anyone has any ideas of how to remove the stains without ruining the stone.

Any suggestions are appreciated... thanks guys.... and girls. =)

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep get new rock!!!

3. PhoenixZorn

Hehe... not really an option... if I know anything at all about my Great Aunt... these stones were a "one-off" casting that can't be duplicated... by one off, I mean custom color, size, texture... and there isn't any left to replace the stained blocks with.

4. shelbyfordgt

shelbyfordgt Banned

pressure wash?

5. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Spray some degreaser on the stains and let it soak for a few minutes... Then take and spray some bleach let it soak...You might have to get a hard brissle scrub brush to help aggitate the area depending on how much it has soaked in... Then power wash it all off...

6. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

try "Pour and Restore" it works great and its non-toxic/biodegradable i'm a distributor for it down here but you should be able to find a store with it here http://www.pour-n-restore.com/
    its good stuff but only touch it once, just put it down, spread it out, then dont touch it for a little while
    it cleaned my 'rent d-way great even after 15yrs of crappy cars, like fresh poured concrete...

7. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Powder-style Tide laundry detergent and a stiff broom. It's what I use to clean the oil and ATF off my asphalt. It makes for ****ty laundry detergent but it's excellent driveway cleaner.

I don't know if you can get powdered Wisk anymore but it worked pretty good too. It's got salt in it though.

8. Iron_Weasel

Iron_Weasel Registered Member

I've always had good luck with kerosene and lots of water.
    Pour the kerosene on the stain, scrub with a broom, then rinse with a lot of water.

It never damaged any concrete, but I don't know about the stone you're talking about.

9. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Kero works great...let it sit for a while.
    I've used paint stripper too. (try a small spot first)

10. PhoenixZorn

Thanks Gambit, looks like the stuff works... my dad tried it out at home first, and he's on his way out there to remove the stains now... You rock Bro...