Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to replace rear window rollers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LAZYMON, Nov 14, 2000.

1. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well I finally had to put my top back on(WAHHH!) And I discovered that the rollers that fit in the track on the rear window are shot, busted and not really there anymore. Who sells replacement rollers and how do you go about replacing them.
    Thanks

Topless73

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

The rollers are in the track? I've never heard of that, but that doesn't mean anything. You would probably have to buy a new track.

90K5

3. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No the track at the bottom of the glass not the track they slide up and down in.

Topless73

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

The rollers are replaceable, and my personal opinion is to buy them from GM dealer. I replaced mine and it is very simple. You do not have to replace the tracks unless they are worn out, and that is doubtful. If you need more info e-mail me and I can give you step by step instructions.

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I bought the rollers from LMC the tracs that they ride in from GM and took the rollers and the crank assembly to a body shop to have the rollers installed in the crank assembly

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

6. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I would buy them from the dealer cuase they are cheap. You have to take the regulator out to change them. Once the regulator is out just grind off them head on the back of the arm and punch out the old rollers. Then put the new roller stud thru the hole and flatten the back with a hammer. the hardest part of the job is taking out the regulator. Be careful not to drop the glass. I have done this job quite a few times so if you have any questions let me know. Good luck

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]