Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to ship my Burb? Help !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 26, 2002.

I have a guy wanting the Burb bad that lives in Northern CA. and I am in central KY. He says he can't find someone to ship it out there. Does anyone know who and how much to get the thing out there to CA from KY? He asked me to find out and let him know so he can fly out here and buy it as soon as possible. He doesn't want to drive it out there, 10.7 MPG kind of changed his mind on top of the wear and tear.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

You rent a flatbed and you trail it across. Just a thought, I know it's obvious, but that's what I did when I wanted my 72 from New Jersey in Texas.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=red>My Wife:</font color=red>"Only two minor cosmetic problems: The inside and the outside!"

<hr></blockquote>
    1972 K5 6.5L,465,203/205Doubler,14FF/D60

2. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

autotrans-express.com-I havn't used them yet but their prices were the best I found.

'87 Full Size.Holley TBI.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Harve - say it isn't so!!! You're selling the burb and I haven't gotten my "test drive" yet????? OH NO!!!!

Mike

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Find a hotshop company.
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> Married to a woman who understands the need for <font color=orange>Hugger Orange. [​IMG] <font color=blue>

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Find a hotshop company.
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> Married to a woman who understands the need for <font color=orange>Hugger Orange. [​IMG] <font color=blue>

7. The flatbed option is out for me !! I'd need a one ton to tow with !! My son is still in chemo and I can't go that far away. I will suggest to him flying out here, renting a U-haul truck and a flatbed and driving it out there. That is probably the cheapest way to do it. That is basically what I did when I brought it from TX to KY, but I owned my own car trailer. Thanks for the suggestion.

8. I will look them up, Thanks !

9. Tried calling a moving company and they wanna charge a crap load to move. Over 3K !!!

10. Well Mike I look at it like this.......It is still sitting in my driveway and I still have the title and I still have a small bank account, so it hasn't sold yet. I'll believe it when I see it !! As far as the test drive..........the keys are in it !!!

11. Hotshop? I guess that is a term I have never heard of. Fill me in !!

12. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Do you have any friends that are truck drivers? I had to get a 71 superbeetle to new york from louisiana. My best friends daddy is a truck driver and just picked up a half load headed that way. I only had to pay for the food. If all else fails put a note up on the job board at the local truck stop. Hope it helps.
    69K5
    Nathan

13. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Do you have any friends that are truck drivers? I had to get a 71 superbeetle that I restored to new york from louisiana. My best friends daddy is a truck driver and just picked up a half load headed that way. I only had to pay for the food. If all else fails put a note up on the job board at the local truck stop. Hope it helps.
    69K5
    Nathan

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Harv, I used a local guy in my town who does auto transports. I had him pick up two K30's before. He charge me .70 per mile to deliver to me. He does not charge two-ways, just one way after he picks up the vehicle.

Figure how many miles from you to the CA address and multiply that into .70 to get an idea. If the cost is reasonable for both parties, PM me and I will get the phone number for this guy.

This guy has a 2000 Super Duty crew cab dually and pulls a 50' trailer with it. He is a serious transporter and is fully licensed and insured. [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

15. I had thought of that, but I just don't like the idea of giving someone I don't know the Burb and hoping it makes it to CA..

16. Now that sound like one hell of a set-up !! I'll get some details and send them to you. I still don't know if this guy is serious or what. He hadn't called in a few weeks and then left a message today saying he wants the Burb really bad and wanted to know if I could find a transport company to get it out to CA. Money talks !!! Bullcrap walks !!

17. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I think he meant a hot shot company, not a hot shop company. A hot shot is a small truck like a one ton that pulls a trailer set up and licensed to haul less weight than a Semi and generally charges less. There is a company called Hot Shot express that does that.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>BLAZER PICS</a>

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, the thing is called "Hot Shot" which is individual drivers basically self-employed as these drivers.

My driver I'm referring you to goes by "Jades Hot Shot". [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>