Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How To Spot Bullsh*t Bikers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

(Note; I received this in a email. Just thought I'd share it.) Wearing a Harley T-Shirt with nothing on the back...

A real Harley shirt has dealer artwork on the back and chronicles a biker's travels. Shirts with "no backs" are bought at local department stores by dweebs.

Ok, I got a rebuttal on this from people who argue that the official shirts are overpriced. Well, ok. So, you'll spend $30,000 on a bike but want to save $10 3000 miles from home? Umh, buying the bike really screwed your budget, eh...?

Used to own a Harley but can't remember which model...

That's like saying you used to be married but you can't remember her name.
    Owns a 1970 something Softtail...

For some reason, this is the #1 BS story I encounter everywhere. Considering they started making the Softtail in 1984, these people have real collector's items!
    Owns a "new" Harley, but has never been further than a "three hour tour"...

Ya, I own exercise equipment I never use. Never heard me call myself a body-builder!
    Owns a "new" Harley, it's a first bike, and they're a total snob against "Jap riders"...

Most of us who have been riding since before it was "cool" started on practically everything. I have more in common with someone who rides foreign iron (of course, in Canada everything is foreign anyway!) than someone who profiles the latest from the Harley boutique. When all the hype moves on to some other thing like custom vans again or something, a lot of these bikes will be For Sale!
    Idea of a shooter does not involve tequila or Jack Daniels, just a lot of creme de this and that...

No, you definitely don't have to drink to be a biker! But if you do, have some class, please!
    Knows where to put key & gas, anything else should be done by your authorized Harley dealer...

Wouldn't want to get those new Harley jeans dirty! My favorite is showing these new age road warriors how to check their tire pressure, ha!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Another one is where you know of the person from around town and they are clean-cut and shaven every day. When the weekend rolls around, they have some stubble on their face and a clip-on pony tail in braids to finish off the "look". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Seems most real bikers don't care what you ride, as long as you ride it.

It's funny when these "bullshit biker" people walk up to Nick's bike. It's got custom paint on it and looks real slick. Looks way better than the Sportsters. They'll really like it and talk about this and that on it, and then they ask him what it is and he says it's a Honda and then they snub their noses.

*shrug*

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    (of course, in Canada everything is foreign anyway!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same bikes here as there. Foreign bikes to Harley's.

Rene

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Paul,
    My wife and I each have our own Harley's and don't own any Harley shirts at all, does that make us non-bikers? As far as spending 30 g's on a bike and 10 on a shirt we have about that much in both of our bikes combined and there is not any item, including the Dealer catalog you can get at a dealer for 10 bucks. The last I remember you don't have to own a harley to get into the doors of a dealership to buy a shirt, in fact the majority of the good people I see running around in a Harley Dealer advertised shirt don't even own a bike. I don't hold that against them though.

In my opinion it doesn't matter what someone rides, just so they ride responsibly. I wave to all breeds of people and bikes when I'm riding and see another rider. The bad biker image started in Yuba City California many years ago in the fake riot during a rally, and it seems some people just want to buy into that image.

On the biker board that I hang out on, (very similar to the board here but bikes not Blazers) We have a few very good people who do not have a Harley, but ride what ever they can afford, and they are some of the leading posters on the board and some of the most respected members of that community. Some of them ride only on the back of other bikes they don't have any ownership claims to at all. The subject of "what do you ride" never comes up for the purpose of judging someone there.

Well, guess I am rambling on here, but in my opinion I am not going to pay a dealership 30 or 40 bucks for a t-shirt to advertise for them, they should pay me to wear it. I will however buy rally shirts from the rally host, that money usually goes for the cause.

Oh yeah Paul, you should head down to Hot Springs this weekend and checkout the first anual Hot Springs Rally at the Allen Ranch, it is going to be a good one. There will be a few 1% ers there and a lot of good partying. Also, Terri and I ran across some tickets for the Buffalo Chip Campground for the 6th through the 11th and will be staying there for Sturgis but are still bringing the Prime Rib to your house to dirty up some of your pots and pans and to try to get you on one of the Harley's for a ride. We would sure like to sponser you for a day at the Buffalo Chip to catch one of the concerts. Go to http://www.rallyinfo.com/chipframe.htm and look at the list and let me know if there is anything you want to checkout and we will try to get you in.

There are going to be a few more of us than planned on this Sturgis Trip this year so that is why we are hitting the Chip. Anyway bro, here are a couple of pics..

This is Terri (Mrs. February on the K5 Calender) and her putt /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[​IMG]

This is my ugly mugshot with mine. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[​IMG]

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm planning on going up to the chip for Robbie "Evil" Kannivel (Yeap, I butchered his last name) 100 Harley jump on the 8th. Do you still have my number ??? Give me a call when you get up this way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey paul, You should let me know if you are going to go to the chip. I might be interested in going. We could bring 1 vehicle. Afterall, 1 less /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif means parking space for at least 5 more bikes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hell yeah. We'll take your truck, I burnt over 1/2 a tank of gas just going to Indian Creek and back today. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Plus yours is in much better shape then mine. Ofcorse I'll chip in on gas.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ofcorse I'll chip in on gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, temptation is the devil's work and I'm an evil bastard.

Gonna have some of your corn beef and meat loaf special the night before? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Hey John, what bike forum do you visit? I am looking for a good forum, hopefully as good as this one.I recently got my first bike /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It has been some time in coming, but my wife gave me the go ahead for my birthday. And I love it! As for the whole biker thing, I don't think there is any one mold that fits. I know people who ride all over the place, but never turn a wrench on their bike. And I know people who also never really go beyond the "three hour tour" but ride around all the time. It all depends on what kind of riding you like to do. The my bike is better than your bike thing is really no different that the Chevy is better than Ford argument /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. Different bikes suit different tastes. I own a Harley, but someone riding a Honda will get the same respect from me as someone riding a Harley. And the shirts I do like to buy, but mainly because I like the design on them, not just because I went to the dealership. And yes, those shirts are damn expensive,along with everything else with the initials HD on them. My uncle told me they don"t actually stand for Harley Davidson, but for "Hundred Dollars", cuz that's the least amount you'll spend on anything for the bike /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I own dozens of Harley shirts from all over the US and beyond. Most I've collected in person, many have been brought to me or sent to me from friends. I enjoy collecting them and wearing them when I ride my Harley. That's my thing. For some it ain't. My opinion, is whoopdeef'ingdoo if you like or dislike HD froo froo products. If you ride, then you are a biker. Around the block, in the commute, across the country, just ride.....

(Oh, by the way John, I miss my 86' FXRP. Most comfortable scoot I ever owned)

12. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Sent you a PM.

John

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Didn't get it. Try my e-mail