Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to take out windshiled wiper and headlight switches

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheBlazerKid, Feb 24, 2003.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

I need to get the switches out to swap in my new "custom" dash. how do the controls come out, not the whole assembly just the push pul and turny thigns. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I think you just have to turn the nut holding them to the dash... might need a small allen wrench to take the knob off...

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Headlight switch - Disconnect battery, pull switch to "on" position, reach up behind dash and push in the button that is on top of the switch, this allows you to pull the knob/shaft out of the switch. The lights will stay on, which is why you want to disconnect the battery.

Wiper switch knob is held on by a set screw in the side of the knob. Requires a small allen wrench to loosen set-screw, and the knob comes off.

Both switches are then held in by hex nuts from the bezel side - it is obvoius once you get the knobs off.

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I usually just pull the harness connnection from the headlight switch in order to remove the headlight switch knob...

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I usually just pull the harness connnection from the headlight switch in order to remove the headlight switch knob...

[/ QUOTE ]
    You still have to push the button on the switch to pull The shaft out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif