Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to tell lift height

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazerboy72, Jun 17, 2002.

1. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

how can i tell the lift height of a set of springs

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i think stock springs only have about 2 to 3 inches of arch.anything above that and you have your inches of lift i think.i think the easiest way to estimate lift would be to measure the center pin tp the center of the spring eyes strait up from the center pin and then subtract 3 inches which would be the stock spring height.just a thought that this way might work.i have a stock spring sitting outside that i just pulled off my truck if you want me to measure how much height a stock spring has.then you can measure yours and compare the arch /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

4. blazerboy72

The springs i am lokking at buying are 11 inches from the center pin down if you wouldn't mind measuring yours that would be good <font color="blue"> </font color>

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about a set of leaves that have no markings on them at all and are not in a truck and the person that has them has no idea of what he has?

If so you need a few measurements
    Weight of front end of your truck
    free arch of spring (almost what I think you measured)
    Spring rate of the spring (which can be calculated if you measure the thickness of the spring, the # of leaves, and the length along the top leaf from eye to eye).

I think it would be easier to just bolt them up and see what happens /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i just measured my stock springs out of the blazer.they have about 4 inches of arch from the center pin to the bisecting point of the spring eyes.im talking about drawing a line from eye to eye and measureing strait up to that line from the center pin.if you measured this way i described that gives you about 7-8 inches of lift depending on the thickness of the leaves which will give you the spring rate and how much they will droop when installed in the truck.hope this gives you an idea of what you got.

7. blazerboy72

it would be easier to bolt them up and see what happens but i really dont have money to waste max from this board has them and i just wanted to make sure my 38's will fit with them
    thanx /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif <font color="blue"> </font color>

8. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I can't say for sure that this works for 1st Gen trucks......BUT...when I was checking for sag on my 8" Skyjacker front springs, they told me to measure "free arch". With the spring off the truck, with the spring eyes on the ground and the centering pin up in the air, measure from the main leaf to the ground. For my 79 8" spring, it was supposed to have around 9" or free arch.