Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to tick the o2- sensor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79wheeler, Jul 22, 2005.

1. 79wheeler

79wheeler Registered Member

Hey all, This question is not regarding a <blazer>..OK we had to take out my buddys cat. because the honeycomb came loose and was heating up the dodge.So a new one is around 200 because it 3 inch. pipe.so we hollewd it out .. truck cooled down and runnig much better! Well the problem is the o2 sensor keeps setting off the check engine light..there is two of them one in front of the cat and one in the back.the back one is setting off, because what we did . so how do u trick ethier the sensor or the computer? what does it read ? I konw unburned oxygen. so how do i trick it ??? :confused: thx guys

2. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

Jeg's sells a O2 sensor bypass that simply plugs into the harness replacing the sensor...........now that you've fooled the computer into thinking the O2 sensor is functioning correctly how do you adjust the fuel mixture? :doah:

3. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

An O2 sim on the sensors BEHIND the cat is perfectly fine in my eyes. I wouldn't run one before the cat...the sensors after the cats have nothing to do with how the motor runs, but just shows if the cats working right or not, and sets off the check engine light...the sim should fix the SES light prob and not make the motor run any way it shouldn't.