Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to transport a jimmy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jimmy84, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Jimmy84

Jimmy84 Registered Member

whats up everyone,
    i just got my first duty station in the marine corps and im stationed in cali at camp pendelton. i live in louisiana and thats a little to far of a drive. i was wondering how yall transport yall vehicles cross country. thanks jarret

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

well, i would say any of the tranport companies are out, unless you want to spend a bunch of money, u-haul trailer or just drive it would be the cheapest, maybe put some different tires on it and go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. motorheadnelson

motorheadnelson Registered Member

One option is to go to the yellow pages for auto transport. I used to drive for United Road Services, a company with nationwide service of new, used, and privately owned vehicles. You can get a quote from thier website. But, shop around..prices do vary. Hope this helps.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    how to transport a jimmy?

[/ QUOTE ]
    In your pants, of course! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

throw it in the back of a U haul. Make sure its got small tires on it and don't let them see you do it!!

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Have you talked to your CO about this? I thought the military would move it for you. My Sisters husband has his Jeep in Germany. Probably toss it in a C 130 and drop it at the nearest air base.