Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to UN-LIFT a first gen blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy_muscle, Mar 22, 2004.

1. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

I'm wanting to buy a first gen blazer, but all the ones that I've seen in my price range are lifted.

I like the stock hight of these blazers, so I'm wondering how much trouble it is to restore one back to the stock hight.

I'm guessing it depends on the method of lift, but I don't know much about those methods, so can you fill me in?

Thanks!

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

two kinda os lifts, all spring, or spring front and blocks rear

if you have blocks rear its simple, unbolt u-bolts, remove block, install new u-bolts, now removing springs can be tricky i've heard. but if you have all spring lift, you just have to remove the springs and install new ones, also depending on amount of lift things like steering componants and drive shafts might have to be swapped to stock length pieces also /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

i have some stock front springs if your interested.

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Or if it has a body lift you have to pull the puck's out put in new body mount bolts and make a few other minor things like a see what they did to the fan shoud and stuff like that... Not to hard to usually UN-lift a truck, and you can probably find someone to trade you all your lift stuff for there stock stuff

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You'll prolly run into all the problems that most of us ran into while liftin our rigs. Probably have to shorten at least one driveshaft plus maybe a steering drop arm. Do yourself a favor and try drivin one with the lift and what not. You very well might find out that you like flyin a bit above stock. Good luck to ya in the future.

Allan

6. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help guys, this is a great site!

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif