Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How was the Crown King Run???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Dec 4, 2000.

Hey, sorry I couldn't make it this weekend. How did it turn out? Any tragic mishaps? Or just smooth wheelin'

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well the run went fine and for those of us who did show up....(FWP-AZBLAZER-BOBZILLA)....no mishaps to report other than FWP needs to scrap the current carb in his 81 shortbox in favor of a q-jet (hehehe). Noticed a small leak at the rear axle the next day so i bought a new 12 Bolt cover today from GM...gonna have to break down and buy a axle truss as every time i go out i bash the year cover and it starts to leak...lol. Gettin old. Had to put up with a bunch of snotty heapers from snottsdale who were to good to converse with a group of chevy's....however they did provide the entertainment for the day....amazing how a stock heap spins tires and holds up traffic times 7 each....lol. Took the 79 up the first nasty spot as they bypassed it....alll they saw was bowtie climbing the crotch...no wheeel slip here! We need to do it again and this time bring a cordless impact or large breaker bar...found a 93 yota with 36x14.50 mickies (brandy new) on its side in one of the nasty sections...aparantly the drunk owner missed a turn and most likely put himself in the hospital....as the crevice it was in was about 100 yards or so of the trail at about a 45 degree angle laying on its side...ouch.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

2. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

You guys get any photos to share with those of us that could not make it?

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

After all the talk only 3 showed?

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Q-jet hell, I need Bobzilla's EFI[​IMG], Damn Edelbrock kept stalling at the worst times- Dohh, Maybe I'll lower the float a little and see what happens. Hopefully the K5 will behave a little better than the truck, with the stock Q-jet once she has tires on her-(accepting donations[​IMG]) ....Took the bypass on one nasty section, watched AZBLAZER go through it, got inspired- (read jealous- hehe), went back down the bypass, and up the tough section- Yeee haa, thanks for the inspiration[​IMG]. The stair step that used to be tough had so many rocks stacked it was more like a stair slope. Too bad the tire iron didn't get them Mickey Ts off that Toy. The only thing I noticed when I got back was the exhaust came apart at the cat- no biggie- one swift kick back in place and tighten up the clamp. Pics to come, once we get some digital images from the 35mm film. Too bad there wasn't more of us on the run.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>