Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how was your childhood???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Mar 9, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

mine started off great but after mum and dad got a divorce it got a little crazy. our dad promised us the world so we ended up with him. i was 11 with an older bro 12, and my little bro 2. my dad worked afternoons at GM so we had to watch our little brother every night except weekends. not much time for fun. our dad is a marine so the only way he knew how to keep us in line was boot camp everyday.:mad: he woke us up for school with the classic metal garbage can and pop bottle(if you've never been woke up that way ,it scares the hell outta you).then a breakfast way to big to eat AND you will eat it!!!off to school,finally home for the chores. my older bro had allergies so i got screwed with the outside,we had a gravel driveway shaped like an H that was 12 foot wide and totalled about 600 ft in length that i had to pull weeds in plus the 7 gardens. i also had to pick the beans,tomatoes,etc. the beans sucked cuz you could pick them and 5 hours later new ones grew so i'd get yelled at for not doing it right. rain days were cool but it ment twice as much work the next day.doing dishes was a real test, when he came home from work he would inspect them and if he found one spot,he would wake us up sometimes 2.00am . and make us wash everything that you could cook with ,eat on, or eat with.pop corn maker,pans we never used. the water would be cold and we still washed. and heaven forbid there was another spot. we would finnish just in time to go to school.we always had more food than most but pops would count the cheese slices and stuff.then wake us up at 2 or 3.00 am and bitch about who ate them:confused: .if he was especially emotional about mom he would wake us up and ask whats wrong?i always thought ,besides you being a dick i don't know.:laugh: getting the belt was a real treat cuz if we woke our little brother,who was about three foot away. we would get it twice.we had anything we wanted, but dad used it for punnishment by taking it away.:) gee i wonder why i never joined the MARINES??, 5 years was enogh for me.:p:

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Do you and your father get along now? I had a pretty normal childhood i guess 2 brothers no divorce or nothing ma or pa would help with something if asked. If done wrong get a whoppin. Just normal things but not much as a whole family when us kids started to be teenageers. I just like to go places with my father more since we are older now and he seems more fun and knows alot about things that were befor my time. I think now i need to call them and invite ma and pa out to diner one evening.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

awesome. Mine that is. Sure I got spanked and beat if I messed up, but in reality, I DESERVED IT. I'm still afraid of my old man, but it taught me a lot of lessons to be afraid of him. At this age I stand up to him most of the time. My mom has always loved her first born and babied me even though I'm 19 now. Can't imagine how she was when I left the house. Parents are flat out paying for my schooling, helped me when I had money issues and have helped me build my credit big time(I'm 19 and mine is almost as good as theirs, I just need history now). Overall I must say my childhood was great and I have wonderful parents, guess I'm lucky. Dad got me into high performance stuff a long time ago and building things through his job(construction), trucks cause hes always driven them as long as I remember and drove truck for a while. Only dark spot in my childhood is a mental issue I still fight daily, but medication and a learning how to deal with myself have balanced that out.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I was born a poor black child...

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I was born into a farm famlily. I learned to take pain and a lot of craftsman type skills. Was alone a lot. Still am. Mom was and is always ther/here. Best mom ever. Dad was great, whipped me hard anf fast occasioanlly. Not long beatings, just whack and over. Last oen ever he broke a shovel handle on me with no effect so he kind of gave up on it. Always would yell and rage around about the city taking me away, so he must have been paranoid. Had a brain tumor I beleieve. Died when I was 12 under a tractor. The last lesson you learn is loss. Took a 1977 Ford F250 with a 460 over and over into a cornfield at 120 or so. Got out and kept going. From 12-17 I was a spoiled whiney bastard. 18-20 I have become what I am with few flaws.

6. Resurrection_Joe

...and a continual smart ass ;)

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

What can I say, it's my lot in life.

8. Resurrection_Joe

being resigned to your fate isn't so admirable if you're enjoying it so fully :D

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

It's a tough job, but it's easier than digging ditches.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Yeah, that's Paul's lot in life. A lot full of holes. A lot of holes. A whole lot of holes, a lot of holes.

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Long, but hey, you asked.

I'm 37 now, the youngest of 4 kids. I'd have to say my childhood was educational. Childhood and teenage years were tough emotionally because my parents were emotionally damaged from their pasts, and they didn't know any better. Mom refused to be happy until the day she died, and my dad's identification came from his work, so we always got hollered at like we worked for him.

That pissed me off until I went to work in a foundry. thanks to him, I was prepared to deal with people who weren't nice to me. Dad gave me a work ethic, and the idea that a man must face all that needs facing, regardless of how we feel about it at the time. We always worked on cars together, and have had our best talks working on the camaros.

As we've gotten older, We've become friends, and I finally got him to realize that happiness is a choice we make,not something that happens to us . Now he's active in our Camaro club, and has so many friends, I can't keep track of him.

I say my childhood was educational because thanks to the broken people I'm related to and have attracted over the years, I learned to read people and have insight into what made them act the way they did. I was the guy my friends called at 3am when they neede someone to listen, and now I get to do that at church, as well as mediate family disputes. It's funny, I'm the only one EVERYONE in my family gets along with.

Tom

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well going up in rural Iowa was good and bad. Throughout my Elementary and middleschool years there was no one in my class that lived in the same town as me, so I was always playing with younger kids which I think is half the reason I never really grew up, I always had all the stuff that a kid would need plenty of Ertl farm toys, a neat bike. One thing I didnt have till highschool and Im glad now I didnt was a Nintendo or playstation. Taught me to enjoy the outdoors. Chores only consisted of mowing the lawn and cleaning the garage, which is prolly why Im not built like the typical farm boy. We didnt get our farm till I was 11 or 12, and never any livestock to speak of. A cutting of hay 2 - 3 times a year at 50 bales a pop doesnt really produce muscles. I was a mouthy little **** growing up, till about Junior year of highschool. Took all the ag/shop classes I could in Highschool. Senior year was really when I began to find myself so to speak, and not act like someone else to try and impress people, I got the dont give a **** what other people think about me in college and so i met friends who like me for who I am and not what ive got, which isnt awhole lot anyway. Well Im just rambling now, so Ill wait for the standard RJ reply to my comment now:D

13. boggerless

yea, were best friends now.:)

14. boggerless

thats cool,we had all the toys. he just didn't now how to do the rest.:laugh:

15. boggerless

better a smart ass than a dumb ass.:D

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My childhood was BORING

17. boggerless

cool, a work ethic i deffinetly have. i've been at the same job over 20 years and I HATE the place:laugh: :laugh: . i learned to listen also. alot of my friends are 15 years younger or more. the call me PAPPA D. i try and help them fly right. i have nut's in my family and just plain pissed off people. we watched the boys in white come get my grandpa( dads dad). one day as we all sat there , gram looked at him and said"you might as well know their here to get you". he said"they;ll take me with a knife". she did it cuz she was pissed at him??? i was 12 at the time and me and my brother and cousin laughed our asses off. thats how i handle problems, laughing. if that don't work then something gets broke:angry1: :angry1: .my grandpa invented road rage, even when he was old , feeble, and had his little oxygen tank. he would still try and bash another driver with a hammer if they pulled over.:haha: :haha: aaaa the list goes on. my moms side was and still is like -leave it to beaver. my dad chased a guy almost to grams on a sunday we were going over for dinner. the guy was swearing at a gas station and pops asked him to quit. we'll the guy ran his mouth and dad punched him. so the guy took of and we chased him about 11 miles with mom screaming the whole way.by now the cops were chasing all of us so the guy pulled over, and pops jumped out and whooped his ass through the window.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: make it stop:grin: :grin:

18. boggerless

we had a small farm. chickens,ducks, veggies.:)