Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How was your day?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Nov 18, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

The good news is at the bottom of the post!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I coudnt really decide what to put in the subject line of this b/c it will cover a lot!!! bear w/ me its been a long day!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just FYI

1969 K5 Blazer stock 1/2 ton, 4 wheel drum, 350 4 barrel, Th350, Np205, D44 front, 12 bolt rear, 3.73 gears, and 31" tires.

Yesterday my starter died so i went and put on my spare. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

while i was at it my speedo quit about amonth ago so i took it off figuring it was broken. well it wasnt, but the little gear box was loose. so i figured it just sliiping or something. welll i tightened it back up and still no speedo. no big deal just listen to the tires hum. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif any ideas??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

i needed to pull my front drive shaft b/c i think its bad. Well i took it out. it the np205 with a cv to the d44. could they have made it any more difficult to get out? anyway the the splines (long end attatched to the
    t- case) has ridges for the first 2 - 3 inches or so. It has definate lines above that but no ridges. the sleeve end (short peice) has ridges for the first 2 - 3 inches looking down into it. the bottom has definate lines but no ridges. this hole thing was dry as a bone. i had to use a hammer to get it aspart. the screw down collar was there and tight. below uit was a metal ring and a little gasket thing about 1/8 " that promplty crumbeled. is this normal setup or is it stripped? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif the drive shaft rattles going down the road, and has about 1/2 of play all around when you move it.

I also found out that my front axel shafts will slide out into the hubs and back with your fingers. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif right behind the u joint in the knuckle there is a seal that seams like it ought to seal up the hosing but it moves with the shafts. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif bad hubs?

Today when i left to go to college /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif she didnt want to shift. so i checked the fluid and it was little low. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif i added some and this didnt fix it. then i said maybe it was air bubbles. on the way to work it would only shift twice. i swear it used to shift 3 times but i am so mad i cant think right now. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif driving to work i feel a little vibration. i thought it was just the transmissioon so i slacked off the gas. as i go to get off the interstate all i hear is whop whop whop. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif i tried to stop and nothing!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif i just downshifted it until i got slower and then i was in the curve and had to stop. so i clicked it in rev and then back to neutral. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif stops fast that way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifif it wasnt shot it probably is now. the curve is one of those 15 mph 360 degree offramps. after i got stopped i got out and looked . all the tires were aired up, drive shaft was good and i didnt see anything. then an 18 wheeler came buy and she rocked. i looked at the wheels closer and saw that my front lugs werent there. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif i was just riding on my hubs. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif My gaurdian angels wings have got to be tired! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I walked to the store (100 yds) and call my boss. he says i'll be right there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif he gets a phone call and forgets me for an hour. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i didnt have any money to call him again, and the store wouldnt let me use theirs. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

now i'm at work and the blazer is getting towed home. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif so much work todo, and finals start next week. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

just gota grin and bear it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif my wife has decided that we will go get Her /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif a new used truck tonight and then i can have her car (rice burner) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif for times like these, and until i get mine fixed again. at least she didnt say she wanted me to get rid of it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

so how was your day?

69K5/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Nathan /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My day is going well. I'm recovering from the flu I had since Friday night. I'm off from work today. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Unfortunately, I'm stuck here at home with Satan, our 20 month old daughter. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear about the flu. my wifes a ghreat nurse. i work at the boys and girls club so you can send satan here. hope you get better

nathan

4. thatK30guy

I'm feeling a lot stronger now than yesterday. Yesterday was so bad, I was bedridden for almost the whole day. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Today I'm trying to build my appetite back up as I've had nothing to eat since Friday.

I saw on your avatar that you are located in Monroe, LA. How far are you from the Superlift and Skyjacker plants?

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm stuck here at home with Satan, our 20 month old daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    My 10 year old is best described that way. She's 10 with the attitude of a 17 year old. SNOT MOUTHED BRAT! God help me the next few years.
    Our 21 month is a little Angle. Just the sweetest thing always smiles (unless she has a load in the diaper). Sleeps all night and will play for hours by herself. Alwasy gives me a baby kiss when I get home from work. Booger the cat is't real happy with her because she likes to try to lay on top of him all the time LOL. Dog is ok with her sitting on her (dog is 110lb sheppard) cause the baby always like to give her table scraps.
    Glad the pain in the butt kid was first! I would have killed her by now if she had been the second. The 10 year old use to chase the cat and kick the crap out of it. Use to punch the dog in the face taking good aim on her nose. Why that dog never ripped that kids arm off is beyond me. Has fordged signatures on notes home in the 1st grade!?!?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Hell I didn't try that till high school!

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i'm only about 3 miles from skyjacker and about 10 from superlift. i wouldnt exactly call them plants though. they pump out all those lifts from suprisingly small buildings. i've been meaning to get some pics. Skyjacker brought in some big boulders and have all there concept vehicles posed on them out there.

nathan

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

im not sure if i feel bad for you or your animals more!!

69K5 /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
    nathan

8. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

well today we went and bought my wife a 96 yukon 4x4. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif She wouldnt go for the 82 K5 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif So I am now the possesor of the Hyandai Elantra. This may sound bad but its not. This means we have until the end of February to start doing a frame up on my 69!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Winter is over here at the latest by february. so now we have to get to work.

nathan

9. thatK30guy

Probably more like small warehouses then? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Pics would be cool since we never see anything in the mags. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif