Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How was your night

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NoSmog73, Mar 12, 2004.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok so my new job is out of Sacramento and I take a 38ft ref Van to stores and deliver stuff to them at night..So..
    I left the yard at about 7:45 last night and got the the exit at brokaw and 880 going north of 880...Well I come to a stop and when the light turned green I started to go and all of a sudden it felt like I got hit in the back of the trailer...I turned my head around and my trailer had COME OFF the 5th wheel... and the trailer is resting on the landing gear about 3 ft from the ground (the nose was)...So I was like WTF..Tried to turn on the flashers and no go..the wire plug pulled out of the trailer and shorted the fuse out so I hop out and grab the flares and what not to make sure no one hits me...(9:45pm) So for the next 3 hours I am talking to the CHP (many that stopped that night to check that I was ok...And I have to say they were very NICE too..) So the company had to get a wrecker to lift the nose up and then we found that the latch for the 5th wheel BROKE..And the CHP said I was luckly I made it to there..Mind you I took 680 from 580 and that HWY isnt the smoothest dam road.Well I was a little shaken up ..well ok ALOT..I just kept thinking what if it would have come off on the HWY...Yikes I didnt get any tickets or anything from chp or SJ PD not even a drug test...And my boss is way cool about it and told me to not worry about it and take a few days and relax...
    So that was my night....What did you do..???

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    What did you do..???

[/ QUOTE ]

Homework /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What did you do..???

[/ QUOTE ]

Froze outside so I could put the 208 in my burb since dad informed me I have somewhere to be in the morning.

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what did you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Delivered souveniers from Hawaii to my niece and nephews and got to listen to the little ingrates crying cause "that's all I got?" /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Damn kids /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif