Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How well will this setup work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnDeere, Apr 13, 2006.

1. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

Ok this summer im going to do my suspension done and i was wondering how this setup would work.

Ok im going to do the 4inch shackle filp in the back with a 2 inch lowerin shackle wich would give another 2inch of lift then run a 56 spring.

On the front im not sure yet im thinking of running 52 spring with a longer shackle but i dont know if that will give me 6inch or just have 6 inch spring up front

For shocks i dont know if im going with th rancho 9000 or procomp9000 (i think)

And then slap some 36/12.5/15 ssr on with some 4.56 gearing.

if anyone has this setup or close to it can i see pics and tell me how well it works

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I think stock 52"s give you ~4" lift, so you'd presumably go with 2" lift 52"s for the front to get 6".

I did custom-leaved (is that a word?) 52"s mixing and matching from two sets I had, got about 5" out of them.

-- A

3. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

you cant run 56's in the rear without moving your hangar. you could also use a setup like DIY4x's w/ 6 in shackle. i have this setup, and it works great and has a good shackle angle.

just run 52's in the front with a longer shackle. then add a zero rate. it should get you about 6".

sorry i dont have pics that i can put up here.

4. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

o i was also woundering does the 52 move my front axle any cause id like it to stay were it is

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

a 2 inch lowering shackle only gets you 1 inch of lift. since you only move one eye of the spring down. a 4 inch gets you 2, so on and so on.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you don't want to relocate your axle, don't do the 52" spring swap. Its not worth the effort. Just get high quality, stock-length lift springs.

j

7. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

i was think about it and on the 52 springs up front wut if i left the front hanger were its at and moved the shackle back instead of moving the hanger and weld up the old shackle location and just make a new one wouldnt that keep my axle more in the same location. I dont mind havin to move the hanger and shackle around to get it center. I just want a good quality ride. with good flex.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you leave the front hanger stock, your axle will be moved backwards. In general, hurting your approach angle isn't a good idea.

j

9. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

a two inch lowering shackle lowers 2 inches. but it is 4 inches longer. at least the ones in my garage are that way.

you would be better of getting lift springs if you dont want to move your axle. its more work than its worth. just get a spring with a low spring rate like TC ez rides.