Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How were your fireworks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Here in Cheyenne they were the best... My family went to the Frontier Days stadium to see what the big deal was... I signed up to win a brand new s-10 Crew Cab, ate some nachos, listened to some good songs be butchered by a local band.. I really was angry for what they did to that Santana song... the one with Rob Thomas... They totally messed that up...

Then some kids danced or something... couldn't see them because everyone else who couldn't see walked up and got right in front of them and didn't have the decency to sit down...

Then more of the band... then a presentation from the military folks about the flag... then they read off all the names of soldiers killed in Iraq, shooting off a firework for each one... about 10-15 for the local guy that died last week... Then the part we all were waiting for started... it was awesome being right underneath them...

The city got a new company from Utah to do the fireworks this year, which is good because the company from years past SUCKED... This company choreographs the fireworks to various patriotic songs, shooting off from three locations as well as inside the stadium... I can't say I've ever gotten excited about fireworks, but if you could sit through that show and say they were boring and not very good, you might as well lock yourself in a room, because it doesn't get much better...

Tomorrow I'm thinking about checking out the demolition derby at the race track which is about in my back yard... and on Sunday it's off to Greeley Colorado for their demolition derby /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Fireworks were good here...always love the finale! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    then they read off all the names of soldiers killed in Iraq, shooting off a firework for each one... about 10-15 for the local guy that died last week...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

At the Metallica concert last night, they played the song ONE, which is about how war is hell. At the intro of the original song they have like sounds of war, at this concert they had freakin bombs blowing up constantly, shakin the stadium. I guess they were showing how it feels to have a nade blow up in your face! So COOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

We had a few $100 of the good stuff for a block party. Complete with lookouts with radios and all. Not a single cop even drove buy and no one got the $1600 ticket. It was a good show!

6. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

triaged, are they anal in caly?

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

only in San Fran... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well, I always dread the fire works on the 4th. Me and my buddies got the B-B-Q going and ate dinner. Then we sat and waited for it to get dark and it starts. In this town, because of the high fire danger all fire works are illigal. So as soon as the sun goes down it begins. Our 63 acres are surrounded by 3000 new homes. Most of which have idiots for owners who don't know the law or could care less. The rockets start shooting up in the air. Where do these idiots point them? Directly over our property of course. I guess they want them to go off somewhere else besides over thier houses so that the police can't catch them.

So we sit here with our hoses and fire extinguishers ready at hand to put out any fires these ieiots may start. It was like being at some main event for the 4th. Rockets going off all over the place. Usually at least one hits the ground and starts a fire. This year we were lucky.

And where were the police? No where to be found. They could have had a hayday here but I guess they were too busy eating dohnuts or something. One of the homes had a live band only 3 doors down from the guy that calls the police when ever we practice. (which we can not do anymore because the police said we would be arrested if we have one more complaint)

Well we got through the 4th without incident this time. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif 2 years ago we weren't so lucky. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif