Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How will shackle flip affect my towing?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by muddbogg89, Apr 2, 2002.

1. muddbogg89

muddbogg89 Registered Member

I am thinking about the 2.5 flip,with the stock springs how much will this affect how it will tow?(I tow a lg. pop-up camper)

I know ord says its towing ability says same,I am just looking for some input from users
    thanks

2. I've towed an 18' trailer loaded with about 100 bales of hay with no problem with my 69 when it had the 4" shackle flip. No problems at all. I've also had a full load of sand in the bed that caused no problems. I think the springs were able to get maybe a little flatter, but I didn't have any problems. Same with a load of wood.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

PM Grim Reaper..............I believe he had some problems with towing with his flip.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Grimmey almost wrecked...when he was towing.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Do a search on this both here and on the main board. There's lots of info on this subject.
    Basically if your springs are rated for the load and the truck's set up to carry it, you're OK. A big load behind a trail rig is asking for problems. The trailer matters too.