Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How would you deal with a deadbeat seller?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by spearchucker, Aug 25, 2005.

1. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

OLD THREAD ALERT

I saw a post in the for sale section here about a year ago for a pair of nice looking doors. I PMed the seller indicating that I wanted them and we came to an agreement of $250 for the set including shipping. So I go to the post office the next day, get a money order and send it off to him. The next day I get a PM from him wondering if he gave me his correct address, nope he miss typed it. :rolleyes: So now my MO went to the wrong address and it had to be returned to me. I should have known at this point that this was going to be a problem deal. Anyways, I get it back and send it out again. I also told him I didn’t need them right away so he didn’t have to rush to get them sent to me. What a mistake that was.

So a few months go by ( now 1/25) and I haven’t heard anything from him about when he is going to send my doors. He says that he needs to move them from where they are stored to his place so he can crate them.

March 22, he still hasn’t picked them up.

April 15, I tell him I’m in need of them now so I can put them on my truck. He says that he can get them to me by the end of the month otherwise if he can’t then he’ll refund my money as I requested, he’ll update me in a week.

May 10, after he hasn’t made his end of the month promise I asked for my money back. “I just got the doors up here, my loss I guess” is his response. So I said I’d rather have the doors than the money, how soon can you get them to me. He says “By the end of the month” (May 30). Fine then ship them to me.

May 30 comes and goes, no PMs about him sending them to me.

So after a few more weeks go by and I hear nothing from him I ask for my money back, I’m done dealing with him and no longer want the doors, I don’t care if he could ship them the next day. He says fine, I’ll PM you this week to let you know when I can send the money. Yeah, right. :surepal: Just like all the other times I had to prod him to get a response from him.

I then called him to find out when I’m getting my money back, I’m tired of waiting. Again, he says that finances are tight and he’ll have to check when he can get a commission check. I asked if he could borrow money from his parents or friends, cash advance on his credit card etc. because I didn’t want to wait any longer, I needed the money to go find other doors. His response is that he’s tapped out on borrowing from his mother and his father was in another state, and his credit cards were maxed out. I’d have to wait for his check to come in and then he’d send out my money the next day. A few days later I see him posting a wanted add for a transmission and transfer case. :mad:

So again, after his commission check is suppose to arrive, no word from him. I call him to find out where my money is, he say’s that he doesn’t know if it’s been sent out yet because his father (who if you recall is in another state) is handling his finances. I’ve tried calling MANY times since then and he’s been ignoring my calls and sending them off to his voicemail. But once he made a mistake and hit the wrong button and accidentally answered, just in time to hear him start up his Cherokee. So here it is, a year later …. No doors and where is my money? :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

By the way, this seller use to be very active on here until I started pressuring him, now he just lurks here. And several people on here know him personally and live in the same city, including a moderator.

So here’s the question. I’ve been more than patient, what would you do? I’m thinking I should just report this to the postal inspector to see how they like their money orders used in mail fraud. Or since he is located in another state should I report this to someone else?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

You need to bust his ass out in public. I have had members be very nasty with me when I didn't ship out $20 parts the day I got their check. You have been more than fair.

3. spearchucker

BTW these are the doors in question, I have a feeling they got used in another one of his projects.

doors_86_full.jpg

4. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

From what I understand and from other people dealing with internet stuff. Since you sent him money through the mail and you received nothing in return then he has now commited mail fraud. I would see about going after him. I could be wrong about the whole thing but I would look into it if I was you.

5. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

let everyone one you see or talk to you know how sorry he is and do anything to get your money back or doors which every is sooner. You would do this to a business that done bad work for you or did not stand up to a warrenty. Right? Save others the hassle of dealing with him. I find it hard to leave someone in need on the side of the road/trail so will try and help but not afraid to let them know what kind of a dumb @ss f*&k#@ they are for doing what they did. Wait a minute i'll have a couple boys and wife here to tell that to in a few minutes.

6. spearchucker

Nope, can't do that yet. I've learned from other posts like this on here that I shouldn't give out a name just yet in public. It will be known soon though. :deal:
    But I can't stop anyone from doing a little research. :whistle:

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hmm, what state were they going to be shipped from because thats not much for doors and shipping... nice doors though
    Grant
    Nevermind... arizona...
    i think i recognise that blazer behind the doors.....

8. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Took me all of 3 seconds to find out who it was. Seems kind of strange for him... I'm surprised he's been dragging his ass so bad.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Doesn't seem like a very Super deal to me...

Rene

10. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Man I feel your pain. I might be taking my doors off for good if you end up needing some. Let me know. I

'll keep an eye out becuase you have to many posts to search through and I want to know who to avoid.

I got stuck on an ebay deal for 1,500 after that I learned. I will not buy anything I can't paypal on a credit card. I had one other person try and short me and all I had to do was call the credit card company and I had my money back next day. I wish you luck. I do not have your patients.

11. spearchucker

Don't worry, I've been keeping a close eye on him. If he tries to sell anything on here I'll let the potential buyer know.
    You don't know how to use the search feature too well do you. :haha:

12. spearchucker

Shhhh !!! :p:

13. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Man you heart my feelings :bow: so I had to use the "supersized" search feature.... I mean the advanced search feature. I think I must have forgot the +sign the first time :doah:

14. spearchucker

You guys and your subtlty are killing me. :haha::haha::haha:

15. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yep, that was easy enough to find out who it was :p:

16. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I see who it is now too? Sucks but I say make it common knowledge for everyone. I had a similar thing happen to me on pirate I'm sure everyone remembers the sticky on the top of misc stuff for sale saying "don't buy from Onebad4x4" he got his :D and I got my cash back!

17. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

All I can say is, that it's really low down to take someones money when your finances are so tight that you spend their money as soon as you get it, and then can't give them their product.

Trying to "hide" from you is just as pathetic, if not moreso. That just indicates an unwillingness to EVER make things right IMO. One paycheck later I can see. But if you are months behind, I doubt you will catch up any time soon.

Amazing what money, or lack of it, can do to people that were beforehand stand up folks.

18. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

lol, this thread has gone from serious to super funny :haha:

19. spearchucker

Funny, that's basically the same thing I told him. You know what he said ... "No that's not true." :rolleyes:
    Then where's my money?

20. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

After dragging this for a year, you are entitled to post his name and username so others can be aware of his dealings. Wouldn't be fair to others to get burned when you could warn them now.

I have an idea who it is and I also remember those doors when they were up for sale. Go ahead and post up his name before someone else does. You'd be doing the whole site a favor. :thinking: