Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how would you do this/

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Mar 28, 2002.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

I have an 84 k5, live in nyc, on a home but the driveway is slanted downward. would like to do my own work bt safetly is an issue. already had one slide down(66nova) ouch! want to take apart blazer and restore since I am having a hard time finding a rust free one in nyc. any suggestions?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well.. A garage is helpful. If I have to jack up the K5 I do it in the street.

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Definetely think about safety first. I wouldn't want a 4000+ lbs truck squashing me and I am sure you don't either. If you have to do it in the street make sure you have the cleanist work area, you don't need the neighbors spoiling you restoration by talking to the cops.
    Just my opinion.

4. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

i have a one car garage where i can store tools but the slanted driveway makes it difficult to work. if i put the truck in there is no room for anything else.

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    How bout fabbing up some ramps for the down hill tires.Make them the same grade (degree) as the driveway.Drive up the driveway set the ramps behind the rear wheels then backup onto the ramps.Make sure there are tire stops on the ramps,the ramps are wide enough and maybe even a spotter when backing up.This sould make the truck level.One idea anyway.Good luck.