Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How would you fix it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tbill, Sep 12, 2004.

1. tbill

tbill Registered Member

How would you approach fixing this damage? This is the drivers seat floor where the seat bolts down. I know the best way would be to replace the floor pan. But there is no rust, and I am considering welding it and welding a support patch underneath. What you think?

[​IMG]

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The way I would do it is stop drill all the cracks in the floor. Smack the sheetmetal back into place as best possible and weld it all back together as best possible. Then take a new piece of sheetmetal and weld it over the entire area. Redrill the hole for the seat mount and bolt it back up.

This is dependent on your ability to weld sheetmetal though. If you cant then I would cut the bad section of floor out making sure to get all the cracks cut out and then pop rivet a new peice of sheetmetal in place.

Harley

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Drill, weld, paint, and then use a two sections of angle iron on the inner side to distribute stress along a whole channel on each side, rather than just 4 points.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i would cut that out, put some sheetmetal on it and weld it together. drill a hole for the bolt and WALA its done.