Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Howdy, Howdy, Howdy, new to this site & forums

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Savage, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Just thought I would say hi, first post on this forum & all, no problems or complaints with our Blazer to tell you about... runs great. Greetings from the great white north (70 miles from the start of the Alaska Hwy). Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

welcome to the best chevy 4x4 site on the net /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Thanks, glad to have stumbled on this site, a good friend runs a '72 Blazer, I sent him an e-mail link to this site this evening. Our Blazer is mostly stock, my real offroad beast is a '77 Jeep CJ-7, but it runs a Chevy Corperate 10 bolt for a front diff out of a wrecked Blazer... I added a short Bio on the Jeep in my profile, listed the Blazer in the Signature... . Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yet another Albertan joins the ranks...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Welcome aboard, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif How much snow did you guys get today?? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What power outfit do you work for?

5. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

bien venu!!!

welcome fellow canadian!!!!
    got any snow out there????

6. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Welcome - nice CJ and K5.

7. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the craziest and most helpful place in cyberspace. Dont forget to vote for the site; the link is towards the upper right corner. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Sound like two stout 4x4s. Welcome & thanks for filling out your profile.

9. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Yo Mountain Boy; We got just over 2" of snow, chilled down to -15 overnight, I work at the local Weyerhaeuser pulp mill in the utilities area... originally from sw of Calgary, Alberta (Turner Valley). I will add a link to my profile that will take you to my Jeep'n photo page... there are photos of my buddies '72 Blazer but I don't think I ever added our Blazer photo, I will do that the next time I add photos. Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Thanks to all for the warm welcome... . I will be stopping by from time to time, even more so once my latest Jeep project is complete & I get into upgrading the Blazer. The attached photo shows my '77 CJ-7 & my friend Greg Wolf's '72 Blazer at the trail head on the way into Jackfish Lake (nw of Grande Prairie, Alberta)
    Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    [​IMG]

11. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the forum my Canadian brother. You are gonna love this site...very very informative. Enjoy!
    Mike /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5!

Nice rigs...

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

13. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Savage
    Very nice pics,,
    Welcome to CK5

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Turner Valley, eh? I almost transferred to Black Diamond last year. I work for ATCO Gas here in Canmore.

How long did you live in Turner Valley? I did rural installs in Okotoks, Millarville, High River, Black Diamond, T.V. and Longview a few years back before I moved to Canmore.

Nice rigs, BTW!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Thanks, I have lots of time, cash & strained mussles into our 4wd's. The Jeep you see in my profile is about to be sold as I am just about finished my new version of the ultimate CJ-7. The new Jeep is still Red so not too different to look at but will have a hard top & hard doors.
    I was born in Turner Valley, lived in the "Hospital flats" area untill my family moved into Calgary in '67 so it's been a while, I have an uncle that still lives there in my grandfather's old house. I do get down there from time to time. The photo below is my latest project just arrived at home, still on the trailer behind our Blazer.
    [​IMG]
    Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif