Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Howdy, new here with questions about gen1 doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RampageFSJ, Aug 18, 2005.

1. RampageFSJ

RampageFSJ 1/2 ton status

Howdy, new here :bow: I haven`t bought any parts from you guys yet but in doing a little research I found out that your Gen1 203-205 doubler kits were pretty much what I wanted. I have a 465 style 205 T case that I want to put in my truck but I think it would cause me too much hassle to get and change out the input gear that I need, then I found out that the Gen1 doubler uses those 205s. I thought this was perfect since I want to put in a doubler anyways. I can probably get a 203 range box to fit my tranny. And I can easily get the 465-205 adaptor and sleeve to make it work. I know it is longer and a little weaker, but I think it would be plenty strong enough and I have a long WB truck so length ain`t an issue. I guess my question is, Is there any way to get a Gen1 kit from you guys and if so, how much would it cost? Please and thak you.

2. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I believe ORD is only making the Gen 2 doublers.

3. tacoma

tacoma 1/2 ton status

RampageFSJ, the 205;s aren't really that bad to get into... once you get it apart and get the parts, it's easy to have them machined as well.

Off topic, why does your screen name seem familiar??? FSJ List? the M715 Zone???

anywya! jsut dig in, you'll need to get into it to twin-stick it anyway, right??? RIIIGHT???!?!? thought so! :D

4. RampageFSJ

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey, another fellow Kansan! My sister used to live in Ulysses. Then she and her husband moved to Syracuse and later divorced. He's still there and she's back home here in town. I just remember the drives to Ulysses was looooooong, flat and boring. :haha:

6. RampageFSJ

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We made a decision to make everyone go to the shorter, stonger, more durable 32 spl. input gear and so far have stuck to it. That's not to say that we won't create another gen1 style again but I still don't think it's a good idea. The adapter housings are not the strongest item and are getting more scarce, the drivesleeves tend to wear, if you have a lot of torque and/or traction you can have problems breaking the input gear, etc, etc, etc.
    I'm not ruling it out but I'm still not on board.
    Converting a 205 to a 32 spl input is pretty minor pain, especially in the long run. In a couple years, it'll seem really worth it compared to the expense in time and money if you have problems with a "cheaper" system.

8. RampageFSJ

I might just do that anyways. I saw on the site that you guys have used th400 to 205 adaptors and to ask for the price, soooo, what is the price of a used one from you guys :confused: ?

9. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Take it from someone that has owned both Gen I and GenII doublers. I broke the factory adapter between the 205 and 203. Rebuilt it with ORD GenII and what a differance. Not only does it give me piece of mind but also clocked everything so I have less issues with high centering on my t-case or hitting my drivelines.

10. Stephen

No used 400/205's right now, only new. To be honest, we don't get many used 400/205's in here so new is all you can count on. New one is $280. One thing to watch is the cost of the Doubler vs. the cost of a 400 with 205. Sometimes you can end up spending a little more money and get twice the gearing. Not always with a 400 though.

11. RampageFSJ

Thanks butt loads for the info. You guys are my 1st choice for a doubler when that time comes around. :bow:

12. Stephen

Let us know when you're ready or if you have more questions.