Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Howdy Rocko

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by talldogg, Oct 23, 2000.

1. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Rocko, I want to thank you for having supplied the A frame plans for me. I had the "new" K5 delivered (after 3 hours, the tow guy was a complete moron) this weekend and the plan might change. The rig is missing the front clip and it's been sitting outside for a while, so the fire wall area has some rot. It wouldn't be such a big deal but there's rot where the fenders bolt onto and I really don't think a repair would leave it strong enough. It's a shame since the rest of the body is in nice shape. So here's the new plan, I'll cut out the rocker panels and use them as patch panels. I'll keep the axles as back ups. And here's the kicker. From the door pilar back, the tub is in great shape, so I think I'm going to slice it down the middle and make a matching trailer out of it! All I'll have to do is cut the frame and weld a trail mount to it. I hate to cut up something so rare, but I really think it's beyond feasible repair. I'll keep you posted.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

2. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status