Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hows a winch go on?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JunkYardCrawler, Oct 29, 2000.

1. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

i'm going to be building my front bumper soon and i need to know how to build a winch carrier, or what ever it is called. i plan on going with a warn winch. if some one can send me diagram or antthing with the bolt holes and basicly what i need to add to the bumper to put the winch in. so far i got a full brush gaurd and its a tub rectangular tube bumper so it will also be an air tank. what thiknes steel should i use? 1/8 inch to keep it light? thanxs for the help.

Well as it gose it gose and under it rolls heavey rubber bouncing on a head.
    (hey i'm a poet)

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    If anyone has the info on the mounting bracket I could use it too. I am too poor to afford the winch right now and am building my bumper next week. Luke

3. JunkYardCrawler

man with all the people that have a winch i would think that there would be a bit more help with this. hey i'm to poor for a winch too man. just getting everything ready for later on down the road.

(hey i'm a poet)

4. fredd

fredd 1/2 ton status

Go to http://www.ramsey.com/
    You will find a diagram with the bolt pattern, this is the same for Ramsey as for Warn.
    As for your airtank, DO NOT, repeat DO NOT use 1/8", that's to thin and it will leak or worse, explode under pressure.
    Use 3/16".
    I know it's heavier, but it's safer.
    Better safe then sorry.

fredd

4x4 Armor for your K5
    http://coloradok5.com/vendors/sec.html

5. JunkYardCrawler

fredd
    Yeah that was a thought with the 1/8. originaly i was goingto use 1/4 thick but that would be way to heavy. what size do you use one your bumpers?

(hey i'm a poet)