Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How's the Wheeling near Lynchburg VA???

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 350350, Nov 4, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

How\'s the Wheeling near Lynchburg VA???

Have a mild possibility of a job opportunity there, and am wondering how the 4x4ing is?

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif How far from Lynchburg do you have to drive to go wheeling legally?
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif What's the terrain like? Mud? Hills? Rocks?
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Any clubs in/near Lynchburg?

Paul 'X'

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Re: How\'s the Wheeling near Lynchburg VA???

Not from Lynchburg but its halfway between my two homes..school in blacksburg (Roanoke) and Richmond. Im sure somebody from that general area will chime in. Hope you do move to VA, its a great state. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

PM scott...his username is Mudfrog, he lives in roanoke and knows the area very well...as far as lynchburg is concerned probably got some trails to ride since your in mountains and liberty university guys go wheeling alot...for some tougher trails you will be driving a bit, maybe an hour or so to get to some i know of

Later

4. daleearnhardt01

Thanks Eddie, I cant believe I forgot about Scott. Doh! Yeah but defenetily talk to him, he's up in Roanoke near me and he's told me of some rails in the general area. Like Eddie said some of the tougher trails are up this way near Roanoke (its a bit more mountainy) so like Eddie said your looking at about 1hr 1-1/2 drive to get to those from Lynchburg.

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Come on to VA.. We are always looking for people to go wheeling with. We have some easy trails and some semi difficult trails, it just depends on what you / your rig are capable of.

6. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Come on to VA.. We are always looking for people to go wheeling with. We have some easy trails and some semi difficult trails, it just depends on what you / your rig are capable of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made another good step towards the Lynchburg job today, but of course there's no guarantee until the day you walk in the door. Here's hoping!

As for the wheeling... My truck has a 4" lift with 33" tires. However, I drive it like it has a 6" lift with 35" tires... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif How can you know your limits if you don't go beyond them??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

i knew scott would chime in...hey man im gonna bring that 74 i got up to roanoke after thanksgiving so i can bash it up with you guys...that is if youre up to it

Later

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Of course I'm up for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. daleearnhardt01

Oh yeah man bring it up here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Wish me Luck! I'm interviewing in Lynchburg next week... If I don't get a job soon I'll be living in a Van down by the River!

Not sure if I'll have any time to kill or not, but is there anything I should try to see while I'm there?

11. daleearnhardt01

Im not to familiar with the Lynchburg area myself, just mainly Richmond metro but there is one place that I can think of. Its the National D-Day memorial in Bedford. Its bout halfway between Lynchburg and Roanoke on Rt. 460 Maybe others from that area can elaborate for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh by the way good luck on the job interview since thats the most important thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Go see the girls at Liberty University, they have some major hotties /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Things went better than I could have hoped in Lynchburg... Still no guarantees but it's looking better all the time. Keep thinking happy thoughts!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif So tell me anything at all about Lynchburg and/or Virginia! What you love, what you hate, where you like to eat???
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif Is there a 'Good' and/or 'Bad' part of Lynchburg to live in? If I get the job it will be near the airport but a 30 minute drive would be no big deal...
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif I have kids and cars and trucks... Is there an ideal location for a redneck gearhead to live with kids to play with, where people won't complain if my truck is in 'project mode' in the driveway for a week here and there???

14. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I forgot a very important question!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Do they salt the roads in the winter??? In other words, am I moving to another 'rust belt' state, or will I find rust-free old iron there??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. daleearnhardt01

Yeah they salt the roads but the winters here arent that bad so I wouldnt worry about it to much /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So how are the interviews and such going?

16. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah they salt the roads but the winters here arent that bad so I wouldnt worry about it to much /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So how are the interviews and such going?

[/ QUOTE ]

The company I interviewed with was shut down all last week for the holiday (good sign of employee-friendly company!) so I knew it would be this week before I heard anything. There is supposedly an offer letter on its way some time this week!

[Picture me sitting under the mailbox next to my shopping cart, wrapped in an old tarp, drinking a bottle of Jack...]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. daleearnhardt01

Good to hear man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] I GOT THE JOB!!! [​IMG]

Offer letter came today. Pretty much what I had hoped for. Good relocation policy, very important!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Problem is, they took so long to get me the offer that I now have two others!!!

[​IMG] Lynchburg Rocks. 4x4ing, mountains, ocean, etc. Job rocks. Jeans and T-shirts to work. Money is less than my last job.

[​IMG] NC job requires relo too, but has international travel. I have young kids and don't want to travel until they're out of the house, a good 18 years from now!!! Good pay and fun job though.

[​IMG] Local job that pays PHENOMENAL, would be decent (but some long) hours... Suit and tie though. Hate the Monkey Suit and Politics!!!

So it's looking like I'm about to be a 'Lynchburgian' soon!!! My Wife and I are taking the weekend to think it over, but right now... VA is looking /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. daleearnhardt01

Awesome man, you'll love it here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Excellent, I also have two young kids and another that should come any day now. Our wives could get together and let the kids play while we wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good luck in deciding!