Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How's this for power?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 17, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

How\'s this for power?

A stroker 500+ cubic inch Chevy Big Block with a steel crank, roller cam, chrome moly rings... etc, Aluminum Intake and 1000 CFM Demon Carb, Dyno'd at 575ft/lbs of torque and 425 horsepower, backed by an Allison Automatic Tranny and a Dana 70 Dually rear end with 4.88 gears.

I just talked with a 67 year old gentleman who has this setup... in a 1983 33ft. Motorhome. He had the motor all built up and spent about $7000 all said and done. Towing a car with the motorhome up a pass, a Cat Diesel powered motorhome couldn't pass him. Lined up to an empty Dodge Cummins powered truck, he beat the truck off the line with the motorhome, and was still about a car length ahead about 6 blocks from where they took off.

After talking with the guy, I don't think he's the exaggerating type either. I'd love to have that motor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Re: How\'s this for power?

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Oh, good. I thought this was going to be another repost of that big-ass diesel in Japan. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

No!NO!you fool!!!your taking up precious bandwidth lol /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Imagine that lol,gettin whooped in a race by a motor home,hope the toilets on there good. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. mountainexplorer

And the guy might sell it too. If it truly is what he says... I'd love to take it out racing people... plus have a dozen friends watching TV in the back the whole time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

on a serious note, that is some power. i "mentally" pictured it smoking the tires.

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

That would be cool to have .... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.....that would probobly be the last rv ya ever owned.

13. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Race, fill it up....Race, fill it up.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

That would be cool, but I bet the diesel guys get to their destination a day ahead of him, with money in their pocket. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. mountainexplorer

Thats why he's thinking of selling it. He wants to use his truck he bought and tow a 5th wheel. The Motorhome gets 6mpg he said, loaded or not. I suppose thats not bad for a 20,000 pound vehicle and a huge gas motor. I don't expect to get better than 5 mpg on my trip this June with the 440 in the one I just bought.