Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hows this price

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adub, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

89 Jimmy, 350 auto 123k miles. Doesnt smoke at all, drives fine. Good tires, great body and interior. CD player, a/c needs charged, cruise doesn't work. They are asking 4650, which I think is a bit high. I figure I would offer them 3700 and go up from there pay 4300 for it tops, does that sound fair?
    AW

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

That would be a fair price in my area - Phoenix AZ

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I just Kelly Blue Booked it. I took my best shot guessing what options it has (power locks, windows, etc). Get this, the price you could expect to pay for this vehicle when buying from a private party is..............are you ready...........$2,770. (Wisconsin zip code) I'm shocked at how low that seems. I suggest you visit www.kbb.com and do this for yourself - using your zip code and plugging in the proper options. If you can get it for a price you're willing to pay, go for it. It seems like a sound truck.

4. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

I'd say it's all relative to the amount of rot. Check in front of the rear wheel wells, check in the rear near the tailgate. If it is spotless you've found a gem. If it's rotting there... It's worth about $2500 max in my book. When these trucks rot it is insane. But if body is mint and mechanically sound. I'd say go up as far as $3800.