Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hows this sound to you all?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Dec 4, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I want to upgrade my current 4" Rancho Lift (w/ blocks in the rear) to a 6" system. I was thinking about doing the ORD 4" Shackle flip in the rear then getting so 2" lift springs for a total of 6". Then in the front I would run 6" SkyJacker springs. Do you feel that would be a pretty good setup? I was all set to get a full 6" SkyJacker lift with springs all around then I began investigating the ORD shackle flip...Let me know what you guys think... Also what do you think the biggest tire I could run would be (with little or NO fender trimming)?

<font color=red>1987 Blazer K5, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" BFG AT, Dual Battery setup, AND MORE TO COME [​IMG]
    Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red>

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Sounds good except I would use BDS springs. It sounds like you are looking to flex it and if you don't want to do alot of trimming 35 or 36's will be about max. I would think it is a good set-up and if you want to save money on the rear I would do the flip with a 1" zero rate and get a set of custom perchs built for the axle with an inch of hight added to them.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I don't remeber if your truck has the GM sag in the rear or not. If so I would go with the 4" shackle flip, and 2" lift spring. Then in the front I would do a 1" zero rate, and a ORD extended shackle for 11/4" of lift for the front to level the truck out. If your truck doesn't sag, then the 4" flip, 2" spring, and a 6" spring for the front. I second Wayne on the BDS lift too. I hear they flex better then Skyjacker.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Where can I pick up the BDS front lift at online?

<font color=red>1987 Blazer K5, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" BFG AT, Dual Battery setup, AND MORE TO COME [​IMG]
    Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red>

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

There was a post on here a couple weeks back that told where. Do a search and see if you can find it. Also you do know that with a 6" lift you will most likely need to lengthen or get totally new driveshafts. Along with with the brake lines and possibly a tcase drop or axle shim right? Also you will probably need a sway bar relocation kit or spacers, and possibly a steering arm if your truck didn't get one with the 4" lift.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I got mine at a local place... solowookie and wakedog also got there springs from there. They can arrange them to be drop shipped from BDS. Here is their site... http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch