Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hows your weather today? Mine sucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Storm Trooper, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Is today really June 12th?
    Could have fooled me :surepal:
    [​IMG]

and some people wonder why, after 23 years I feel it's time to move on.
    Awesome place when you can see the mountains.

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Don't feel too bad Troop-it rained and the wind blew here all weekend.

3. Storm Trooper

It took my son 2 hours to get from the east side of the tunnel, down the mtn. 5 miles to town. It's STILL crash and burn time.
    So much for the couple hundred dollars worth of flowers recently planted. :xmas:

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, it rained, AGAIN... I know we need it, and apperantly it's rained more the last two weeks than it usually does in a year, but this is crazy... my umbrella has broken because of being used too much... the playground area of the trailer park is now a lake, with water overflowing onto the street... I want to go ONE DAY with summer weather and no rain... we had two days earlier this week, but it even rained a little bit then...

5. Storm Trooper

Rain does suck but at least you didn't have 3" of snow like me.
    I guess it's better then burning though.

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I think I'll stick to my "africa hot" climate.. at least I'm still able to get out and do stuff. Not to mention perks like bikini's etc.

Hmm... sounds like it's time to take the kiddos back to Sea Worlds Lost Lagoon. :D

We were blessed with some spring weather for a bit longer than normal this year.. but now I'm afraid the hot days are here, and coming even harder soon.

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Probably a re-post, but some comic relief none the less. ;)

A Texan Moves North

January 10

It's 5:00PM. It's starting to snow. The first of the season and the first one we've seen in years. The wife and I took our hot buttered run and sat by the picture window watching the soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It was so beautiful.

January 11

We woke to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight. Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time in my life and loved it. I did both the driveway and the sidewalk. later a snow plow came along and accidentally covered up the driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver waved and smiled. I waved back and shoveled again.

January 12

It snowed an additional 5 inches last night and the temp has dropped to 11 degrees. Several tree limbs have snapped in the snow. I shoeveled the drive again. Shortly afterwards the snowplow came again. Now the now is a brownish-grey.

January 13

It warmed enought today to cause slush which froze again when the temp dropped. Bought snow tired for both cars. Fell on my a$$ in the driveway. $145.00 to a chiropractor. Northing broken. More snow.

January 14

Still cold as hell. Sold the wife's car. Bought a 4x4 to get her to work. Slid into a guardrail anyways, considerable damage. Another 8 inches of snow last night. Both vehicles covered with salt and crud. More shoveling for me. The goddam snowplow came twice today.

January 15

It's 2 ****ing degrees outside. More ****ing snow. Not a tree on our property hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater, which tipped over and nearly burned the ****ing house down. Managed to put out the flames but suffered 2nd degree burns on my hands plus lost all my eyelashes and eyebrows. car slid off the road on the way to the emergency room and totalled it.

January 16

More mother****ing goddam white chit keeps coming down. Have to put on all the clothes we own just to get to the ****ing mailbox. If I ever catch the son-of-a-bitch who drives that ****ing snowplow, I'll chew open his chest and rip out his heart. I think he hides around the corner till I shovel. Power still off. Roof has started to cave in.

January 17

Six more ****ing inches of ****ing white chit and ****ing sleet and no tellin' what the **** else fell last night. I wounded the ****ing snowplow arsehole with an ice axe, but he got away. Wife left me. The car won't start. I think I'm going snowblind. I can't feel my ****ing toes. Haven't seen the sun in weeks. More white chit forecast. Wind chill is 22 below. I'm moving my a$$ back to Texas.

8. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

Yesterday it was raining pretty good in the morning. There was thunder and lightning, and just before lunch time it started to hail. Another two hours later and we had a blue ski and a beautiful day. Kinda bizarre, I don't get it :confused: .

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Nothing but sunny and warm weather up here in my neck of the woods, but that is normal for a desert anyway.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Rainy and windy this morning, rian has died down, but still alittle windy and over cast.

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

It was sunny, then some storms rolled through, now its sunny again. More storms should be here in a few minutes.

12. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Wanting more storms. Everytime something comes through it either goes just north or just south of us. I love rain, and I love thunderstorms. Besides, the 90+ degree 80% humidity has been driving me nuts lately... And yes, that is alot for here.... :grin: At least at this time of year... We went from low 70's to the low 90's in about a day......

13. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

sunny and in the high 80s and low 90s...
    still to hot for me..lol

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

storm send the snow my way ill take it today for my 14 hours of work, it was 101* PLUS a bitching humidity then it rained hard for 5 minuts then cleared up, and got more hot, so the humidiy was even worse!!!!!!!!

at least it make all the honeys wear less close and walk around as they go to the hospital

so theres one perk!

15. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Semester's over. Co-eds moved home. The "June Gloom" has arrived. Not hard to deal with physically. Mentally it takes a toll. I escape to the dezert. Now on my 6th weekend not at home.

16. Storm Trooper

Yeah, I guess you can only undress so far before getting arrested :D
    at least we can add clothes to stay warm but you never get to see babes
    in little clothes and shorts when it freakin cold.
    Warmed up decent today, maybe 60's and all the snow (3-4") is gone.
    It should be in the 70's or possible 80's by Friday. Freeky weather up here
    as usual.

If your feelin hot, play this GAME , it might make you feel cool :pimp1: .