Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HP Dana 60 Front Ford Axle

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Glassman, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Glassman

Glassman Registered Member

I am looking for a 86-91 or 78-79(I would perfer 86-91) Front HP Dana 60 from a Ford F-350 srw truck or cargo van.
    Perferably close to Stockton,California.
    Also does anyone know the address to a great Ford lovers web site?Maybe there I could search without hurting anyones feelings.
    Thanks in advance...Jeff

1992 GMC sierra 2500(6-lug)Ext-Cab 4x4,K&amp;N A/F,Doug Thorly Tri-Y headers,Gibson Cat-back 3" exhaust,Runel custom front winch bumber w/ Warn XD9000i<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Glassman on 01/07/02 08:47 AM.</FONT></P>

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Just a thought about the Ford D60: I have heard the newer front axles, like you said 86-91, are a wider spring perch than the older trucks. Those perches are something like 37" from the center pin hole to center pin hole. Older trucks use something like 31.5" center hole to center hole.

I could be wrong on these Ford axles, but somewhere on these years, they used a wider perch, so be aware of that. [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

I have 3 Ford HP D-60s from 79s complete for $850. each + shipping.
    How many you want?

RGF

4. Glassman

Thanks for your help.
    you are right about the spring perch width,78-79 32.5",86-91 36.5"
    The people at ORU make two Straight axle conversion kits for my truck,It just depends on which year axle I find and use.
    Thanks again...Jeff

1992 GMC sierra 2500(6-lug)Ext-Cab 4x4,K&N A/F,Doug Thorly Tri-Y headers,Gibson Cat-back 3" exhaust,Runel custom front winch bumber w/ Warn XD9000i

5. Glassman

Do you have any leads to the 86-91 year axles?
    Could you e-mail me some pic's of what you have.
    Thanks...Jeff

1992 GMC sierra 2500(6-lug)Ext-Cab 4x4,K&N A/F,Doug Thorly Tri-Y headers,Gibson Cat-back 3" exhaust,Runel custom front winch bumber w/ Warn XD9000i

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Glassman...have you tried offroad enterprises in stockton...they might have one or know of one...also wild horses on el dorado might know of one...Delta Auto wreckers (also in stockton)..give them a call...they normaly have D44s all the time and once and awhile a D60 will show up...i think they guy you need to talk to is named ryan...i cant remember forsure...but that name is stuck in my head.

Where in stockton do ya live?....i Live in Lodi and work in south stockton

<font color=green>Chaz</font color=green>

[​IMG]<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5>http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5</a>[​IMG]

7. Glassman

Chaz
    Thanks for the Help.
    I forgot about wild horse &amp; I'll give Delta Auto wreckers a call.I've already tried Bill at Off-Road Enterprises and he doesn't have any right now.
    I live just down the street from Creekside Elementry school(that's at the corner of Thorton Rd. &amp; Estate Dr. in north Stockton).
    Thanks again...Jeff