Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HP Deskjet 3320 printer cradle wont move

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, May 1, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i got a printer given to me and i keep getting error that the printer cradle wotn move,

its deskjet 3320

does anyone know if the ink cartridges cradle is supposed to be on left hand side of right hand side at rest ?

what could be the problem ?

ive tried all drivers i can find, new onlne updated ones, and also the CD ones,
    thanks for anything

oh and windows XP

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would think that it should be on the right hand side at rest.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

there should be a cover on the back you can take off (check for paper jams), I'd look through it make sure the belt is free, nothing is blocking it, Pull the cartidges out (they leak sometimes so maybe its crusty and dryed up) then maybe give it a little tug and retry. Could just be the motor went bad.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have a 3322.

At rest, it is on the left.

It's is an inexpensive printer - i think I caught it on sale for $30. I wouldn't put a lot of effort in fixing it if it is not a simple fix.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

cool deal, i appreicate it, yeah i have yet to see the motor moveor make any sound or anything, im gonna try one more time tomorrow to get it going again and if not then its getting the axe- literally(thats exactly what happened to a one year old tecumsah powered lawn mower i had that quit starting for me after repetitively cleaning carb and checking it, and also to a computer i had before that quit booting up after burning up all the HDD's that i put in it)

thanks

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

update, messing with it right now, i see that when i plug the power cord in the cartidge cradle tape motor runs forward and reverse backa nd forth real fast for a minute and then stops and the power light stays blinking forever, the tape is not even connected to the cartridge cradle at all and is a little slack in the tape the cradle slides very easily across the chrome bar it rides on, so the motor is fine but i assume that the tape has somehow slipped off the bottom part of the cradle and that is probably whats wrong, but the four screws that hld the top cover of the machine on are small torx and i cannot find a bit to fit them im about ready to just drill the head soff them, i gotta do something to get in there to see where how the tape connects to the cradle,.

sound right ?

thanks for anything

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

found this thread to be very interesting, i read it all, and this reply is very interesting:
    HP Deskjet 3820 (Archived)
    From Message

Terry
    3/11/2004
    20:42:44

Re: HP Deskjet 3820
    I'll never buy another HP product again. Two years ago I purchased an 1100 laser, it shorted and caught fire, it almost burned down the garage.
    HP sent me another, it quit working, they never reimbursed me for the damages. I purchased a 610, it failed. I returned it to HP, they sent me a 3820. The 3820 has now failed. No warranty. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    *Good News! Last week while at the auto junk yard looking for car parts, I found an Epson Stylus 640 and a Stylus 800 all dirty and greasy in the back of a wrecked truck. I paid $5 for both.
    I cleaned them up and bought cartridges, they work just fine. I can see the quality difference just by opening them up and cleaning them. I'm sold on Epson from now on. HP is basically cheap junk. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Odd, our HP Deskjet 693 is going on 5 years problem free :shrug: NEVER get a Lexmark, though, they suck mondo balls!

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Odd, our HP Deskjet 693 is going on 5 years problem free :shrug: NEVER get a Lexmark, though, they suck mondo balls!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and my folks both have HP722c printers, problem free since 98, that was me going though college doing a graphic arts printing degree and business admin papers! Mom does geneology so she is constantly printing pictures and family history sheets. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status