Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hp question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sledheadak, Dec 17, 2005.

1. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

wondering what the expected hp on this engine would be
    4BOLT 350 pre 1972, it is to spec of the 377cdi street fighter out of Chevy Power mag. GM Performance fast burn 65cc vortec heads, speed pro hyperutectic 10:5-1 pistons, moly rings, I force rods,blue printed big block oil pump, Viper push rods, 4.30" bore, steel crank, bowtie gm performance TBI intake, Comp cam lift around .425"

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

What is the actual compression ratio. What are the actual cam specs? Was the cam degreed in?

You must mean 4.030" bore, cuz that 4.30" bore wouldn't run at all....:D

Tbi intake, did you modify the throttle body? Is there a new chip burned? Headers or manifolds? Free flowing exhaust, or small 1.75" stuff with 90* bends?

You get the idea:dunno:

3. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

lol just copyed and pasted what the owner has in the add.dont know any more than that.it sounds like it has some good parts in it.im trying to get more info on it.engine is new never run since the rebuild.

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Thats one of those you definatly want to hear run before you buy. I always have guys telling me stuff that they read from some mag or heard from their buddy, and the plain facts still hold true;
    that much compression won't run well enough to make a good street driving engine. and lumpy cams sound cool but are never any fun to drive as a daily driver, plus at todays gas prices who can afford to drive something that gets as poor of mileage as that would?

I am re-rebuilding my 521 caddy, for some big 10 to 1 pistons and a slightly lumpy cam, 420lift
    but thats on the outer limits of a big block cam lift right there, all because I want some seroius power using propane, but you start using that high end stuff with gasoline and your gonna find it doesnt jive well with being a daily driver too. It may work, but I'd be very skeptical of all the armchair quarterbacking. just my two pennies

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I'll bet that is lift at the valve....If that is actual cam lift, then that would equate to .600 + at the valve....:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: