Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HP Support US based phone number

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Emmettology 101, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Anyone happen to have an 800# for Hp Tech support where you talk to American people? I recently had to send my laptop in twice for the same problem. Should be getting it back today. Both times I talked to someone in India. And both times instead of the invoice listing a possible software or hardware problem(comp screen goes balck after 20 mins or so and comp wont respond).. They list it as a hinge failure. Which I am having a hinge problem also.. Last time I called back and asked why the main problem wasn't listed. He tells me they check each comp over before they go back out to make sure it is working properly. Told him they obviously didn't with mine because it was still not working. The invoice said they restored the comp to factory specs. But my desktop background was still on it as well as all my files and stuff int he recycle bin. *shaking head* :mad:

So if I have to call again, I want to talk to an american person who actually understands my problem.

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

You won't find it.... I would ask them how long they test it... most techs I know run it for anout 10 min. at the most...

3. Emmettology 101

I figured I'd try... We have SBC DSL.. After my first service call to India I received a survey to fill out. COmmented that I wasn't happy dealing with people who couldn't understand english. They called the next day and gave me a US based support #. :)

Fed Ex just dropped it off. So we'll see if they fixed it. Invoice says they replaced the HDD and resotred to factory settings. So it looks like they actually did something this time! We'll see.....

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good luck with that one. If they dont fix it I am authorized to repair them. I just need the sn of the laptop, and I can get them to send me the parts. Hey if you need more ram for that PC let me know I still owe ya a stick :thumb:

5. Emmettology 101

:) I never did get around to trying to get that other stick to work in my old HP.. Still have it in the package. You dont owe me anything.. :) The new one has 1GB of Ram, 2GB max. Someday I'll get it to the max. And I'll keep ya in mind on the repairs. The last two times it went to TN...

So far so good. Hasn't shut off. Wish I would've known it was an HDD problem. WOuld've liked to upgrade to a faster HDD..... :doah: