Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HPC header coating's ?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bklynlifted, Nov 4, 2002.

1. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

HPC header coating\'s ?????

has any /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifbody sent their headers to hpc for their ceramic coating?? whats the cost for something like that and do the parts have to be brand new?? thanks

2. bklynlifted

Re: HPC header coating\'s ?????

anybody???????

3. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Tried to contact them when I got my headers this spring. It took them a very long time just to respond to an inquiry. By the time they did (like 4 weeks or so), I had lost interest and painted my headers.

4. jay web

jay web Registered Member

I DONT KNOW ABOUT HPC, BUT A BUDDY OF MINE SENT A SET OF HEADERS TO JET HOT TO BE COATED IN AND OUT. VERY GOOD RESULTS FOR @250.00. JUST BE SURE TO "BREAK IN" THE HEADERS FIRST. SORRY FOR THE CAPS

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't know about HPC (as I am interested myself), but Jet Hot is a NO NO.
    I live in the salt belt, but do not drive in winter. Headers started flaking after 6 months. The recoated them for Free and coated some new parts out of the box and up until this point responded to every email/phone call, and was very happy. THEN: Everything started rusting again after another 6 months and flaking (even the new parts), I could not get anyone to return phone calls or email other than so and so is on vacation, meeting, etc. That was over a year ago and now I am thinking stainless from www.stainlessworks.net .
    Just thought i would let you know.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

As to Stainless, I talked to a friend who deals with mainly 1/4 mile cars, (sells parts at a popular speed shop) and he says that he sees too many stainless headers coming back with cracks in them to recommend them to me.

I like the idea of stainless, but really, you can probably get fairly thick headers for $250-300, and just replace them every few (some get a LOT more years out of good headers though) years, as opposed to the only stainless ones I can find at about $600. And if they are going to crack anyway, not much point in paying the extra money for corrosion resistance /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Never thought about the cracking (that sucks).

Here's a pic of a truck with headers that look just like mine, I would have to say this is another quality Jet Hot job.... (NOTE The truck is NOTHING like mine! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)
    [​IMG]

8. bklynlifted

i got a reply from jet hot!! headers coated with their 1300 coating in sterling (looks like stainless)is 179.00 and 12.00 a foot for the y pipe??? 1 year warranty?? 22.00 dollars for shipping??? those headers look like crap??? how old is the coating???