Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HTML help (pop up windows)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blazer_Boy, May 11, 2002.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm in the mood to work on my page instead of my term paper and need some help. Does anyone know how to make a pop up window and how to set the size parameter for it. I basically want to be able to click on a link and then have the little winow appear with more options. So I'd click on a link for my motor and then a pop up would appear with a whole list of links as to what my parts were. Then you could click on the one you want instead of going to all the trouble of making a page with all the pictures and taking 8 years to load.

2. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure I'd want to visit a page that intended to have pop up windows. I run a popup window killer and just keep the thing on all the time... Just my personal opinion... Why not instead of making it a popup window, make it some sort of menu where you hover over the engine or whatever and the list of other choices appears? That might be complicated though and far beyond the range of my abilities...

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where did you get the "popup window killer"?

4. LadyReaper

LadyReaper 1/2 ton status

5. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Try this <a target="_blank" href=http://panicware.com/index.html>http://panicware.com/index.html</a> there is a pop-up stopper freebee or you can buy the package.
    Your welcome.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

He's not refering to pop up adds. He's talking about clicking a link on his site and having it display the picture / information in a new window instead of the current window.

I used to know how but I forgot... got spoiled by dreamweaver /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

7. Blazer_Boy

Yeah Yeah Yeah! I was wondering why everyone was so hostile to the idea. You click on the deal and it brings up a menu, not that forced viewing crap that they do with the ads /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. I've written somewhere how to make a new window appear, but can't size it right. All I can get is fulle size, and I don't need that for a few engine parts.

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

That is a pop up menu. You can make them yourself but it can be tough. You have to have some type of program to make them. And you need to know how to use the program thrugoughly (did I spell that right). Anyway it takes allot of work but it can be done. To start off , What program are you using now to build your site with?

Also do you know how to use programs like Paint SHop Pro or Fireworks. Programs that work with layers . If you tell me what you have I can get the tutorials for you to build pop up menus. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Blazer_Boy

I'm poor, I do all my HTML by hand /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. I don't know if the old computer can handle many more programs. Its a P-120 with 850mb of hard drive space /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

The only way I know how to make a pop up menu is with some kind of program. If you can do HTML by hand then you can do anything LOL! I wont even try. I can do some and I can mess with an already made html OH WAIT!!! I have a great site that can make menus for you. Go to www.flashbuttons.com They have navigation bars that they can make for you and they give you the code to insert into your website. So its like having the bar for yourself. Maybe you can find some in there that will have some pop outs. Ill keep looking around and if I find anything ill let you know.

One more thing to try would be search the web by typing "free website navigation menus" or "website popup menus".

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status