Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

http://www.cal4wheel.com/ wins 18-2

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, Jul 2, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Re: All NCBD please read...VOTE

Done /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

yup...

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've got a little bit to say about this because I have issues with CLORV so hopefully I'll try to sway the vote a little bit. Now I may not be thinking the right way about the whole thing, but hear me out.

The issue I have with CLORV is the candidates they endorse for elections. I look at more than one issue concerning the candidates, and if the majority (99% usually) of their views mirror mine, then they get my vote.

With some of the candidates that CLORV have endorsed in the past and even with their current list, I wouldn't vote for them if they paid me. At last election time, I e-mailed the organization my concerns of the endorsements and the reply was that the group endorses people who have made it known they support our cause or in the case of some incumbents, they have shown through their voting record that they support us. Okay, that's fine and dandy and that's a good thought process. The real problem I had was some of their endorsements were for people who's political ideas were along the lines of Hillary Clinton. In one case here in the Valley, one endorsement they gave out was for the incumbent, who was a liberal, but had always shown a tendancy to vote in our favor when it came to land issues. The candidate that was running against this politician was a fellow gearhead, real strong morals and character and from hearing the man on the radio and talking to him in person, I knew that the off-road community had a supporter. When I informed CLORV of this in my e-mail, the reply was basically telling me where to go and how to get there and they didn't give a f*** so bug off. After that, I've never had any love for CLORV.

Furthermore, in reference to the top, I believe that most of us all are pretty much in line with most issues such as land use, gun control, taxes, etc. I also think that with that in mind, that even though we're here for one reason, we should look at the big picture just a little. I believe that our types of groups such as BRC, NRA, Gun Owners of America and others that fall into our philosophical ideas should join forces. We can learn from each other and help each other and I think with a "loose" coalition, that we can do more. Just because Joe Schmoe down the street is a lifelong hunter and collects guns and belongs to the NRA doesn't mean they should be left out of our fight. I believe that when it's all cut and dry, our fight, even though it may be land use or Joe's is gun rights, everything boils down to one thing and that is freedom.

On CLORV's endorsements for 2000, they endorsed people that would like to see all guns out of the hands of private persons. I don't know about you, but I have a problem with that. These are the same people that are sitting in Sacramento right now willing to throw in their vote to raise your taxes, your vehicle fees just because they are reckless with our money. I just looked at the endorsement list compiled so far for this year, and they still have a few names on there I still don't agree with and when it comes election time, I won't vote for them.

Just a little food for thought and would like to hear what y'all think about this.

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

very well put.

i'm not a member, but i play one on TV.

6. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

You got my vote Dan

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hmmmmm, that doesn't sound so good!
    I am uneducated in politics. I have never understood or tried to understand all of the resoning behind the ideas and changes people/polititions come up with! If CLORV Is not totaly onboard to preserve all aspects of a Sportsman and the offroad comunity then I certinlly don't want to be a part of their org!
    I am guilty is assuming that if an off-raod club/org has been formed that they automatically have the same values for freedom as I do. Part of my "freedom package" is minimul education(I can't spell for a reason). Education Politics and Religon are all forms of brain washing and cloud the realizam in life I thrive on. Just being honest. I am a day to day type and don't really belong to to many things out there.
    I am not going to vote! I don't feel I am qualified and would hate to vote with nothing in my gun but assuptions.
    ThankYou BubbaRay for bringing your findings to the table!
    Whatever the NCBD decide I will back.
    .25c
    Burt

8. Priest

Priest Registered Member

I would agree with BubbaRay. I also have the same concerns with CLORV as I feel that while they may try to support the off-road community it appears that they fail to support the Sportsman lifestyle.

On the other side short of BRC and Tread Lightly I don't know of any organization that fights harder against land closures than Cal 4WD Association. That's where I'd like my money to go.

Rich

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Voted

10. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Done /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. gokartergo

Thank you BRBoudreaux & Priest. I didn't know all the other issues that you guys are talking about. It is good to have you guys in the club that keep up on all the issues.. I wish I was able too....Dan /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Did it/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

voted

14. gokartergo