Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hub demounting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dark4x4, May 25, 2004.

1. dark4x4

dark4x4 Registered Member

Hi guys

I'm from Germany and I have a Chevy Blazer M1009 '84 and a big problem.

I have to demount the left (driver site) wheel hub but I don't know how I can demount the hub, because nobody in Germany knows the locknut of the hub. It seems that the locknut is not an original part, it seems to be custom made.

My question in general is, knows anybody this locknut and is there a split pin to remove before I can release the nut? Please have a look to the picture the red arrow is the locknut.

Thanks and greeting from Germany

Dark

[​IMG]

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah that doesn't look like the spindle nut in mine. Maybe use a punch and a hammer to get it off. Not sure about putting it bach on do you have the correct one to go in there?

3. dark4x4

No I haven't a tool to get it out. A punch is possible. But is there a splint-pin on the hup behind a the nut? Do you know that?

Thx

Dark

4. MTBLAZER89

There shouldn't be any locking mechanism for the outer nut. It's usually the outer nut, lockring, inner nut then it'll all slide off. I would just work at getting it all off then find the correct spindle nut's and tools to put it back together, or if you can find a tool that will fit that nut.

The correct nut's look like this

spindle nuts
    [​IMG]

The tool looks like this but with 4 prongs.

spindle nut socket
    [​IMG]

5. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

[​IMG]

Well, that tool has 6 prongs, and your locknut has spaces for six prongs, so it seems that the tool you need is right there in the image. Where to get it? In Germany? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. dark4x4

Thanks guys,

but I have another important question, so what for a thing behind locknut is that? I mean the thing.. the blue arrow shows on it. Is it a retaining ring for the lock nut? And how can I get it off? It seems to be a separately part. I don't want destroy it.

Thanx greeting from Germany Landing Page

7. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

Well, that tool has 6 prongs, and your locknut has spaces for six prongs, so it seems that the tool you need is right there in the image. Where to get it? In Germany? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No the too in the picture is the socket for a 14BFF much bigger than the spindle nut in his picture.

Dark we aren't going to know whats behind it until you get it off. I would get it off of there then worry about finding the normal replacement parts /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Total stab in the dark here:

Are there other auto manufactures with 4 wheel drive that have spindle nuts that are the same as what is there?
    My thought is that someone made that(those) nuts to match a tool or vehicle that they have or can get more easily than importing from the US.