Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hub issues, help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTChevy, Nov 18, 2005.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I just got some new warn premiums to replace my auto's. Well, i ran into a couple issues. I got all the auto stuff out until all you could see was a clip on the shaft, a washer behind it and then the spindle nut. I tried to slip the inner hub of the warns on at this point but i still needed the hub to slide back a tiny bit to install the snap ring. I took it out again then removed the clip i saw. It slid back far enough to get the snap ring on. well, now when i try to engage the hubs it goes to the lock position but does not click into it. Im guessing its suppose to click in to the lock position? when i turn it to the free position, it clicks onto it. Now heres what im wondering, was i suppose to remove the washer also when i took the clip off? If i was how do i get the snap ring out? searches told me a dental pick, pocet knife etc. Thanks for the help guys

Cole

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Yep, remove the snap ring and washer. Toss the washer out and use the snap ring at the end of the stub shaft. If you're talking about the large snap ring that goes on the inside of the hub then bend the ends of it in a little bit. That way you can use a screwdriver and easily pop it out.

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ok cool. I was unsure on that washer so I left it in there. But i do put the clip back on then right? I didnt bend the ends of the snap ring so thats gonna be a pain to get out again. Thanks for the help