Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hub Spring?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JeremyK5, May 1, 2002.

1. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a 76 Blazer with a dana 44, and full-time 4wd with the np203. My question is, which direction is the single large spring in the hub supposed to face? I took the hub apart to change a u-joint, and I don't remember which way it was when I took it out. There is a smaller end, with a metal ring that it matches it, and a bigger end. I put the ring facing the bearing, and the large diameter end facing out. If it is in backwards, what would happen if I drive with it like that? Should I worry about driving it to school for a few days?

2. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

I actually believe that the tapered end goes towards the hub flange, but you should not have any problems with the spring in either direction.

3. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks for the info! In that case I'll put off making it right until the weather is a little less wet. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif