Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hubs and Leafs 87 v1500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnHenryDoe, Nov 25, 2005.

1. JohnHenryDoe

JohnHenryDoe Registered Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Firstly, after a 100 miles of driving, I spun a little on icy grass in my yard; got out and engaged spicer hubs and 4 hi; worked great.
    Today, went out and spun in yard again; really cold and mushy; got out and locked hubs; nothing, just back wheels a digging.
    Made several attempts to engage-disengage both hubs and t-case; still no 4WD.
    Question is, could the hubs or t-case be frozen due to cold? It was about 25F most of the day. Or should I be worried its something else? Drivers side hub seemed like it never locked. Turning the hub, I could move it in and out about a quarter inch.

Have appx 42 inch eyetoeye 9 leaf pack for front spring. I have 5 leaf pack in rear with 3 and a half inch block. I'd like to keep the same height without blocks or shackle flips; would a 8-9 leaf spring from a 87 2500 fit in the rear? And is it beefy enough to make up the 3 and a half inch block? Btw the rear spring I have now measures 52 eyetoeye.