Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hubs not disengaging

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Feb 12, 2002.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

wats going on? its on a D60 front and they're not disengaging when i turn em to free. It doesnt matter that much, this is mainly a trailer queen, but i dont like hopping around turns when i do drive it.

phill

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

you need to take them off and clean them up the springs are either broken or stuck in old grease had the same problem the other week

4x4k20

3. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

thanks, will do when i have the time.

phill

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have seen where people have taken the hubs apart to clean, and then put the springs back in AFTER the clutch ring instead of before. The hub goes on fine, but the spring holds the clutch ring in (engaged) ALL the time nomatter what the position of the dial is. The spring is designed to go in first to force the clutch ring back out when the dial is turned to "free". I have also seen where people use too much grease and it keeps the hub from disengaging. The hub assembly is meant to be lubricated, but that is by LIGHTLY greasing.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>