Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hubs-Warn -Superwinch- Milemarker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85Jimmy, Dec 15, 2002.

1. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

Which brand of hubs do you recommend to replace the autos on my 85jimmy? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Chris

2. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

any of the above are good. Think ive had one of each brand with no problems, but then... ive never had a problem with the auto hubs that everyone hates /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Warn Premiums

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Warn's are good hubs, and you can get hub fuses, but they can be HARD to turn.
    I'm going to try the Pro Comps that are out. They turn so easily, it's not funny. They also seem beefier...

5. loriandmarke

loriandmarke Newbie

I just replaced my autohubs with Warn Standards, they are cheaper than the premiums, only require 1/4 turn to engage, and are so easy to turn!! I've had warn premiums and milemarker premiums but I like these warn standards the best.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The ProComps look to be re-badged Mile Marker hubs. I've got an axle that came with a set of hubs that have the Dick Cepek logo on the dials, but they were made by Mile Marker. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

if your feeling adventurious, you can go to the salvage yard and pick up some standard stock ones, those are awsome. they are easy to turn. require 9\10 turn tho. but you could probly get some for cheap, they work great for me and im running a 10 bolt with 33's up front, and they are sealed rather well.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Ive had good luck with warn premiums. I did blow up 2 sets of autolocking hubs though. god I hated those things.

9. BSav

BSav Registered Member

I replaced my autos on my stock 88. I went with the Waran standards and in about a year and a half they had to be replaced. I had a good reputibal shop do them their is a slight chance that they screwed up, but i replaced them with the same and a few weeks ago they would not pop out of 4wd and I heard grinding noises. They may just need oil but they are just a year old. On my fathers 78 GMC 3/4 ton pickup he has aftermarket manuals I dont know the name but the whole hub turns to engage in to 4wd they look pretty beefy on the dana 44, he put them on back in the early 80's and has never had a problem and the truck runs 33's and a 8ft plow, and my blazer runs the highway on stock 31's. I'll get the name of my dads hubs and try to post them by wed or thur. I hope this helped.

88 GMC Jimmy stock, rebult 350, and crome rims(makes it go faster)

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I have the Mile Marker Supremes. They are strong and have worked flawlessly for the past 7 years. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I have similar hubs, where you grab the whole thing and turn it. Mine ar B&M, but I can't find anything like them anymore.
    I love them because you can have wet muddy, greasy, frozen hands, no matter what you can still turn the hubs, even with big fat gloves.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The only thing i haven't heard and is that the Warn Premiums are life time warranty. So as long as your willing to replace them they are free. I don't know if the other brands have the same thing. Does anyone know if the other brands do? Plus $73 for a set of premiums is cheap.

13. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

the hubs ya'll is talkign about that you turn the whole hub, they are selectro hubs, i wanted a pair, but they dont make them for my trucks front 10 bolt /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. 85Jimmy

where has the warn premiums for $73?, Has anyone used the superwinch premiums they have them at summit for about $60 I think, is that a good deal? Thanks, Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

60 bucks is about right for Superwinch hubs.
    I am running Superwinch hubs they are good hubs I like them. I have had no problems with them. had them on over 3 years now and use them pretty hard. I think I payed around 60.00 for them at Checker auto parts.
    I know a guy who blew one up once but he had lockers up front and doing some pretty extreme rock crawling he has also blown warns too.

16. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

I paid 67.01 plus shipping and tax for a NIB set of Warns from a dealer on ebay for my d44

17. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Retail price where i work at is $72 and change. We can send UPS anywhere you want. www.baxterautoparts.com I would cut you a deal since your on the site but theres only $2-3 bucks in overhead on those.

Forgot to say that these are only the dana 44 ones. Dunno for the D60's

18. 85Jimmy

Thanks for everyones help I'm pretty sure I'll get the superwinches from summit, Happy trails, Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

19. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Milemarker's classic line called "Selectro" is a damn strong hub.

I have Warn Premiums... the price was premium, that's about it. They don't take well to abuse from whacking rocks when running tall skinnies.

Full-time slugs - completely bullet-proof! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I had standard Warns for about a year before I broke one of them, I bought a set of Warn premiums that are on my truck now and they gave worked great. I like the way they are made and the lifetime warranty.