Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NITRO, May 1, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I have some warn premium hubs and one side popped off and the other one looks like its being held on by a c-clip, but there is no visible way to take it off. WTF? I dont get it. lemme know some ideas. thanx

NITRO

2. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

If your talking about the clip insde the hub after you remove the dial you can hook the end of it with a sealpic and pull it out.

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I tried that, but it looks like it is a solid piece of metal. Ill try again tomorrow. Thanx

NITRO

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

After you take the out cap off by loosening the allen bolts, the hud body is held on with two snap rings. One is in a groove around end of the stub axle, the other is an inside snap ring just inside of the outer edge of the bearing hub. Sometimes the stub axle can fit tight in the locking hub body. Try screwing in two of the allen bolts and using two claw hammers, a puller, or two pairs of vicegrips to pull the hub body out. Only do this after the snaprings are removed.