Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

huge k5

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, Feb 21, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I actually like the top blazer,even though lots of guys cant stand the whole "too much lift " thing,i think tall looks cool.Wouldnt ever lift mine that way, but it looks cool....Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That caddy K5 person is a member on here, don't remember if he's a bluebie or orangie tho /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

That 2nd one for about 5 grand less probably wouldn't be bad. Drop another grand into it to fix the body and it would make a good DD /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, and I remember he tried to sell his K5 in the garage and got flamed not only for breaking the rules, but for asking a ridiculous price! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

didn't he get banned because he was told it was against the rules the first time but still posted it a second? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

That top blazer with 17 inches of lift has been for sale for over a year now. I know that because winston salem is about 20 miles from me, and when I was looking for a K5 in october of 2002, I found it for sale on autotrader, and for the same price I believe. Hmmm, maybe it would sell if they lowered their price once.
    -Harrison

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If thats the case, next time you go by there, tell them you know someone who will give them $5K for it, today! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] 17 inches of lift ??? Be intresting to hear how they got the 17 inches. What name brand on what parts.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You can do 17 easy if you fiddle with some numbers (37" tires over the stock 31" can be considered additional 6 inches if you're hunting for ways to say bigger numbers). I looked at a truck once that had 10 inches in springs alone, then 6 in the body (insane, I know). Put a shackle flip and some front lift blocks and you could be cruisin'.... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've dreamed about building a truck like this...with gobs of lift so I can tower above everything else. I have done my homework and figured how to get that much lift. Its not hard and can be done with aftermarket parts.

The list goes like this:

12" Superlift front springs
    8" Superlift rear springs
    4" ORD shackle flip
    1" ORD zero-rates all 4 springs
    4" custom made aluminum body lift

All that amounts right to 17" lift. Then depending on what tire size I wanted to run, I would trim the fenders accordingly.

Another way to gain a few more inches in the front would be to lower/custom make some front spring hangers down another 2" or so. The front spring shackles can be 2" longer pieces, like the Hill shackles.
    Rear lift would simply be 3" blocks and eliminate the 1" zero-rate.

Not bad for 19" total lift, huh? Even have some room to run the 49" IROKS. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Oh yeah, one more thing: I would build all the above lift on any truck, but its gotta have 2.5 ton Rockwells. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

My 75 with 17 inches of lift, its not that hard to lift them that high with the right combo of stuff...

12" Superlift springs
    3" body lift
    2" traction lift
    = 17" total lift

44" swampers fit perfect under it. I lowered it down to 9 inches of lift with 39.5" swampers because it was easier to sell that way and it was becoming a pita to take wheeling anywhere because of being over height. We did the big and stupid thing once and got it out of our system.

Now the Caddy blazer still got mine....its strange yes but loving it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

that caddy k5 needs dubs

16. JDBlazer454

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of it dirty /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We did use it quite often and loved doing it. Ours had a 14 bolt rear, dana 60 front w/ 5.13 gears and locked with a 366 big block. The axles held up really well everything else gave us problems (blew the 454 first trip out, hence the freebie 366 tall deck), broke the tranny in 2, broke the crossover steering, wasted the power steering lines. I loved how it looked when it was that big it was just a nightmare to drive and it never saw the pavement except on test and tune runs.

btw...my tow rig the '82 'Burb was on 35's and its on a dropped tandem axle car trailer so it shows you how big it really was /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

JDblazer454: That K5 looks sweet on 44's, I love it when it's got some room between the tires and body. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a friend with an 87K5 that has 25" of lift on 44" boggers! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I have a friend with an 87K5 that has 25" of lift on 44" boggers! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

25" of lift... So 8" taller than the one in the pic? No front driveshaft? Front pinion pointing straight up?

19. JDBlazer454

[ QUOTE ]
    JDblazer454: That K5 looks sweet on 44's, I love it when it's got some room between the tires and body. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

25 inches!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!! I would love to know how that is accomplished /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif